Student Receptionist/Admin Officer
Deadline is today
Start date details
As soon as possible, upon completion of pre-employment checks
23 March 2023 at 9am
10 March 2023
- View all Full timejobs - Hours: 37 Hours per week, All Year Round
- B1 - Actual Salary £21,189 - £21,9683
What skills and experience we're looking for
Be responsible for opening student reception and ensuring it is staffed from 08:00 hours each morning, including student break times, lunchtimes and after school.
- Act as the first point of contact for student reception providing courteous, professional, calm, and friendly support for students.
- Greet all incoming students, attend to parent/carers and visitors arriving at student reception and redirect as appropriate.
- Meet and greet all new admission students to Leeds City Academy.
- Deal with student enquiries efficiently, and in a pleasant and courteous manner.
- Undertake student reception duties, retrieving telephone messages and emails, answering routine telephone and face to face enquiries.
- Deal with student requests, such as telephoning home, taking notes, delivering items to students, and collecting students.
- Manage the signing in and out of students, in line with the safeguarding protocols and liaising with main reception, as required, to ensure protocols are followed.
- First aid; act as first responder, look after sick and injured students, liaise with staff and parents.
- Maintain the academy accident register, keeping up to date records of all accidents and minor injuries, in accordance with the academy policy.
- Inform Year Managers of any students who require risk assessments; for students returning to school with illness or injury e.g., crutches, slings, casts.
- Following current protocols and in accordance with academy policy, administer medication to students who have a care plan in place or require medication during the school day.
- Maintain the central student locker database and support students with enquiries relating to this.
- Maintain and manage the uniform shop, planners, and student stationery, ensuring stock is accounted for and distributed.
- Provide routine clerical support e.g., reprographics, filing, scanning, emailing, completing routine forms, word-processing and other IT based tasks as directed.
- Support the Pastoral Team at the start of the school day; making telephone calls to parent/carers.
What the school offers its staff
This is an extremely exciting time to be joining Leeds City Academy, one of the most rapidly improving schools within the Leeds area and county of West Yorkshire. We are an 11-16 academy and one of four schools within White Rose Academies Trust, a trust recognised nationally for its ground-breaking and transformational impact on the lives of the young people it serves. The academy had a Section 5 Inspection in May 2019 achieving an overall Good judgement with Leadership and Management judged as Outstanding.
Our highly motivated and talented students are at the very centre of everything we do and the shared mission of all our stakeholders is to work ‘In Partnership’ in securing the aspirations and ambitions of every one of our young people. Our academy is a unique and truly inspirational place to work, enhanced by our wonderful students who come from a diverse range of cultures, heritage and experiences; a significant proportion of students speak English as an additional language.
Our CPD training programme is highly respected by staff at the academy and is further enhanced by the various opportunities for professional development in all sectors.
Please apply if you wish to work for a Multi Academy Trust which values and supports the next move in your career. Come and join us on our journey to becoming World Class.
Applying for the job
Please download the application form using the link below, and once completed send to firstname.lastname@example.orgDownload an application form - 202 KB
Upload additional documents
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
About Leeds City Academy
- School type
- Academy, ages 11 to 16
- Education phase
- View all Secondaryjobs
- School size
- 877 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 11 to 16
- Ofsted report
- View Ofsted report (opens in new tab)
- School website
- Leeds City Academy website (opens in new tab)
- Email address
Arranging a visit to Leeds City Academy
To arrange a visit and increase the chance of a successful application email email@example.com.
Similar jobs nearby
Academy Pastoral and Senior Team Administration Officer
Co-op Academy Leeds
Stoney Rock Lane, Leeds, West Yorkshire, LS9 7HD
King James's School
St Helen's Gate, Huddersfield, West Yorkshire, HD4 6SG
Beckfoot Upper Heaton
Thorn Lane, Bradford, West Yorkshire, BD9 6AL
Administrator & Admin support to the SENDCo
The Skipton Academy
Gargrave Road, Skipton, North Yorkshire, BD23 1UQ
Get a job alert when similar jobs are listed
Find more school jobs in Leeds and West Yorkshire