Student Receptionist with First Aid - 30 hours per week (term time)
We are looking for a colleague to be the school’s Student Receptionist with responsibilities for welfare of students. You will be required to operate the student reception, to manage the school’s uniform shop and to undertake general administration duties to support the attendance team. A key aspect of the job will be administering first aid to persons suffering accidents or sickness; arranging medical inspections and immunisation programmes; and ensuring all systems are followed in relation to accidents/illness of staff and students. Therefore a valid first aid at work qualification is essential.
Essential educational requirements
1. High level ICT skills.
2. Experience of computerised administrative systems* (desirable).
3. An organised approach to work, with an ability to manage own workload and to work efficiently in a very busy environment.
4. Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing with both students and adults in a sympathetic, confidential and professional manner. Good interpersonal skills with students and adults.
5. Ability to maintain the highest personal and professional standards.
6. Ability to quickly assimilate new knowledge and work routines.
1. Valid first aid at work qualification.
2. A willingness to undertake relevant training and/or work towards relevant qualifications.
Essential skills and experience
1. Some knowledge of the working of a large comprehensive school.
2. Experiences which have provided a preparation for this post.
3. Experience of working with young people, ideally in a school situation.* (desirable)
Private Health care (Benenden)
About Uxbridge High School
Uxbridge High School is an ambitious and dynamic converter academy with over 1,200 students aged 11 -18. We have much to celebrate at Uxbridge High School including a committed and focused staff, outstanding facilities, strong relationships with the community and school partners, supportive Governors and a thriving sixth form. We are delighted to be recognised by Alps in the top 25% of UK schools, celebrating outstanding sixth form student progress at A level. We value the successes of every child, whatever their starting point. All of this takes place within a truly comprehensive and multicultural school that reflects life in modern Britain. Our school values have been developed by students and staff and form the basis of our ethos and culture. All members of our school community subscribe and work towards always being: Positive, Respectful, Open Minded, Unique, Determined: Proud to Make Success Happen.
- The Greenway, Uxbridge, Middlesex, UB8 2PR
- Uxbridge High School website (opens in a new window)