|Working pattern||Part-time only|
|Salary||Main pay range 1 to Main pay range 1, £15,635 to £16,494 per year (full-time equivalent)|
We are looking for a colleague to be the school’s Student Receptionist with responsibilities for welfare of students. You will be required to operate the student reception, to manage the school’s uniform shop and to undertake general administration duties to support the attendance team. A key aspect of the job will be administering first aid to persons suffering accidents or sickness; arranging medical inspections and immunisation programmes; and ensuring all systems are followed in relation to accidents/illness of staff and students. Therefore a valid first aid at work qualification is essential.
Essential educational requirements
1. High level ICT skills.
2. Experience of computerised administrative systems* (desirable).
3. An organised approach to work, with an ability to manage own workload and to work efficiently in a very busy environment.
4. Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing with both students and adults in a sympathetic, confidential and professional manner. Good interpersonal skills with students and adults.
5. Ability to maintain the highest personal and professional standards.
6. Ability to quickly assimilate new knowledge and work routines.
1. Valid first aid at work qualification.
2. A willingness to undertake relevant training and/or work towards relevant qualifications.
Essential skills and experience
1. Some knowledge of the working of a large comprehensive school.
2. Experiences which have provided a preparation for this post.
3. Experience of working with young people, ideally in a school situation.* (desirable)
Private Health care (Benenden)
|School size||1321 pupils enrolled|
|Age range||11 to 18|
|Ofsted report||View Ofsted report|
|School website||Uxbridge High School website (opens in a new window)|
About Uxbridge High School
The Greenway, Uxbridge, Middlesex, UB8 2PR