- Job role
- Education support
- Working pattern
- Full time
37 hours- Term time only + 1 week
- Contract type
- Salary Band Scale H, Points 14-17 (starting on Point 14 - £20,971 actual salary)
This is an exciting opportunity for a committed professional who wants to make a difference to the lives of young people in a rewarding role.
You will work collaboratively with all teaching staff, student support staff, the wider school community and external agencies, providing support to students regarding social and emotional issues. You will be instrumental in working with ‘difficult to reach’ students, operating within a restorative approach. You will be responsible towards ‘keeping children safe’ and promoting this message to students, parents and carers.
We would love to hear from you if you:
• have good listening and communication skills, pastoral and mentoring skills and work effectively in different teams.
• are able to demonstrate knowledge and understanding of youth culture, and experience of community engagement and partnership working.
• have experience of, or an interest in, working with young people to achieve positive outcomes.
Please see our application pack including the job description and person specification for full details and requirements with regards to this role and note any offer of employment is subject to receipt of satisfactory enhanced DBS checks and right to work in the UK.
What We Offer:
• A fantastic school environment in which to work, with exemplary relationships and successful with outstanding outcomes
• A generous pension scheme and access to a range of staff health and wellbeing resources and services, working together with a supportive team that offers guidance and mentoring
• A first class commitment to developing individuals through personalised CPD programmes and working with our people so that they reach their full potential
Post closing date: 27/01/22 at 9am
Interviews are expected to take place shortly afterwards.
North Leamington School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Applying for the job
If you wish to be part of this outstanding learning community, please complete an application form on the school website and submit to HR at: firstname.lastname@example.orgMore on how to apply (opens in new tab)
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
- School type
- Academy, ages 11 to 18
- Education phase
- School size
- 1462 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 11 to 18
About North Leamington School
North Leamington School is a state-of-the-art, non-selective, 11–18 community school, complete with outstanding modern facilities. In this wonderful environment, we deliver outstanding teaching and learning where students can develop the ability to become resilient, resourceful, reflective individuals, who can work collaboratively to reach their full potential and cope with the rapidly changing world in which they live.