- Inner London Main Pay Scale/Upper Pay Scale plus TLR 2A £2,873
Subject Coordinator for Art & Photography job summary
Salary: Inner London Main Pay Scale/Upper Pay Scale plus TLR 2A £2,873
Required: September 2022
Contract/Duration: Permanent, Full Time
Location: SE3 0XX, Blackheath, London Borough of Lewisham
We are looking for a Teacher of Art & Photography who is looking to step up to their first leadership position in the role of subject coordinator. This post is suitable for a teacher who can lead strategically on the continuing development of the curriculum at KS3 in particular and is an inspirational and collaborative leader with a ‘can-do’ attitude. The right candidate will be an excellent teacher with strong subject knowledge, experienced with curriculum initiatives and excited about learning beyond the curriculum. As an all through school there will be opportunities to work with the primary team to deliver creative and engaging lessons to our younger pupils whilst also working collaboratively with colleagues as a member of the thriving Art & DT Team.
Are you a talented, dynamic and ambitious teacher?
Do you have a real passion and desire to enthuse pupils with your own love of your subject?
Are you interested in fostering independent and collaborative pupil-led learning?
If yes, then we would like to offer you the opportunity to work with us at St Matthew Academy, a high performing school where as a result of our consistently high expectations pupils flourish both academically and socially. In October 2019 Ofsted confirmed SMA as a good school where all pupils, through their hard work and commitment, are able to ‘let their light shine’. We are now on the next stage of the journey to becoming a truly great school at the heart of the community we serve.
The successful candidate will be:
• Passionate about enabling every child to exceed expectations
• An enthusiastic and successful classroom practitioner
• Committed to ensuring high expectations for pupils, staff and themselves
• Well organised, an excellent communicator and keen to take an active role in academy life
• An active promoter of our Catholic ethos
• Able to fully support and drive the Academy’s aim to ensure equality and diversity permeates throughout the Academy
• Fantastic pupils with enormous potential
• Staff who are supportive to each other and enjoy working collaboratively
• Personalised programme of professional development and coaching for all staff including access to NPQ qualifications
• A modern building, in a delightful setting and excellent resources
• Excellent public transport and road links across London and Kent
• Fully equipped gym and fitness suite, Season Ticket Loan, Cycle-to-work scheme, Tech Scheme, Employee Assistance Programme
• A strong commitment to staff well-being
We value the importance of diversity in our community and the significance of having staff that are representative of the children we teach. We particularly welcome applications from candidates that are people of colour as these groups are currently under represented within the Academy at leadership level.
Our school motto is ‘let your light shine’ and we ensure that we live this vision every day.
This job post has expired.