Tudor Grange Academy Kingshurst is an aspiring school with highly supportive staff committed to providing the best education possible for our students. We are seeking to appoint an outstanding, dynamic and innovate Leader of Geography for 2023 / 2024
The successful candidate will need to:
● Be inspirational in the classroom with the ability to engage all learners.
● Be acutely aware of the various barriers to learning coupled with experience and knowledge of how to overcome these barriers.
● Be committed to high quality teaching, learning and improving outcomes for all students.
● Have a strong and secure knowledge of the geography curriculum, teaching AQA at GCSE and A level would be advantageous but not essential. Successful applicants will be expected to teach KS3-5.
● Be innovative, resilient and self-motivated to drive the departmental objectives forwards.
● Be very organised. Time management is key; you will be expected to manage your own diary, be willing to plan new lessons to add to the bank of growing departmental resources including marking and providing bespoke feedback to all students.
● Take ownership of the progression and outcomes of individual students and whole class outcomes.
If you feel that you have these attributes and skills then we would like to hear from you. We welcome applications from all experienced and qualified candidates. You will be part of a very successful department and will be key to helping the department move forward and increase the number of opportunities available to students at the academy.
We are a large mixed secondary school for children aged 11-19, located in North Solihull/Birmingham borders. We are committed to providing the best education possible for our students and are keen to attract quality teachers for our appreciative learners. Our students are proud of our Academy and are excited to welcome committed teachers to join us. The successful candidate will have a passion for education and making a real difference to the lives of our students. We are excited about what we can achieve together and our high quality, state of the art building enables all our students and staff to excel with extensively refurbished learning environments and facilities.
At Tudor Grange Academy Kingshurst quality first teaching and learning is at the heart of all that we do. Professional development is very important to us and we offer a comprehensive programme of professional learning, to enable our staff to continuously develop their practice in a school where students value learning.
The recruitment process is robust in seeking to establish the commitment of candidates to support the school’s measures to safeguard children and to identify, deter or reject people who might pose a risk of harm to children or are otherwise unsuited to work with them. The successful applicant will be required to undertake an Enhanced DBS check. All applications will be considered on their merit and the post will be offered subject to the usual health and criminal record clearance. We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
This job post has expired.