Subject Leader Business and ICT
The Subject Leader will be expected to:
• Develop and sustain meaningful working relationships with staff
• Model behaviours appropriate to the position
• Support and challenge staff you are responsible for
• Maintain high standards
• Be accountable
The Subject Leader will be responsible for:
• Sharing strategic leadership of the subject area as directed by the Line Manager.
• Creating and developing appropriate schemes of work, lesson plans and assessment tools, taking into account the need for differentiation and the inclusion of ICT.
• Implementing school policies relevant to the subject including those relating to behaviour, homework and assessment.
• Ensuring that evaluation is effective in terms of staff performance, academic standards and the personal development and well being of the students.
• Producing Subject Development Plans to address the identified priorities and to feed into school plans.
• Producing a Subject Self-evaluation Form to feed into the whole school SEF.
• Managing and deploying resources efficiently and effectively.
• Ensuring compliance with Health and Safety requirements within the subject area
The Subject Leader will be accountable for:
• The standards reached by all students including those with special needs and the gifted and talented in the subject throughout each key stage.
• The standard of learning and teaching in the subject.
• The effective use of resources.
• The performance management of a significant number of staff in their subject area and the evaluation of the quality of learning and teaching.
The Subject Leader will be expected to assist in:
• The appointment of staff as required
• Provision of appropriate, co-ordinated and targeted training for subject teachers.
Essential educational requirements
Middle Leadership Training would be desirable
Essential skills and experience
Experience of teaching GCSE Business Studies would be preferable.
TLR 2B Allowance (£4486)
About Windsor Girls' School
- Imperial Road, Windsor, Berkshire, SL4 3RT
- Windsor Girls' School website (opens in a new window)