Subject Leader - Design Technology
Maltby Academy, Rotherham, South Yorkshire
|Working pattern||Full-time only|
|Salary||Main pay range 1 to Upper pay range 3, £29,029 to £45,146|
|Leadership level||Middle Leader|
Permanent | MPR / UPR | TLR 2B (£4657) | Required for September 2020
• Have a passion for Design Technology and strive to nurture talent and inspire young minds?
• Have a track record as an excellent classroom practitioner who can influence the practice of others through innovative approaches to coaching and mentoring?
• Wish to develop as an effective leader who contributes to Academy improvement and provision?
• Want to join a forward thinking, highly supportive and growing Design Technology Department?
• Wish to be part of a Learning Trust that recognises talent and invests in potential through excellent professional development and progression opportunities, irrespective of career stage?
If so, Maltby Academy (range 11-18) is the place to continue the next stage of your career. The Academy sits within a unique and expanding Multi Academy Trust and is a vibrant and inspiring place to work and learn. With outstanding examination results, Maltby Academy is striving to secure excellence in all aspects of its work.
We are seeking to appoint a passionate, ambitious and talented teacher aspiring to their first leadership role, or successful existing leader to lead our Design Technology department.
Our successful candidate will be:
• An exceptional classroom teacher with high expectations of all learners
• Able to inspire and enthuse young people
• Committed to raising standards for all
• Able to adapt to changing circumstances and embrace new ideas
In return we will offer:
• An outstanding induction programme with supportive and dynamic staff
• Purpose built learning spaces which inspire outstanding teaching and learning
• Access to a package of high quality ‘Personalised Learning and Development’
• Strong professional networks within and beyond the Trust
• Excellent career development opportunities
Informal discussions about the role and a visit to the school are warmly welcomed. Please contact Mrs Rachael Barratt, PA to the Principal on 01709 812864 to make an appointment to visit.
This post involves working with children and therefore if successful you will be required to apply for a disclosure of criminal records check at an enhanced level. Further information about the Disclosure Scheme can be found at www.gov.uk/disclosure-barring-service-check
How do I apply?
An Application Form, Role Description and Person Specification can be found on the Academy website www.maltbyacademy.com
Completed applications, including a covering letter detailing how your skills and experience to date have prepared you for this role, should be addressed to Mr Richard Wood, Principal, and sent to firstname.lastname@example.org or to the Academy address below.
Braithwell Road | Maltby | Rotherham | S66 8AB
01709 812 864
Closing Date: Monday 20th April 2020 at 9.00am
Interviews: W/c 20th April 2020
TLR 2B £4657
|School size||1067 pupils enrolled|
|Age range||11 to 19|
|Ofsted report||View Ofsted report|
|Website||Maltby Academy website (opens in a new window)|
Braithwell Road, Rotherham, South Yorkshire, S66 8AB