Subject Leader - English
We are looking to recruit a member of staff to join our supportive and successful English Department here at Beechdale. The ideal candidate will relish being part of a hard-working team and will help us to build on our results.
A significant part of our team ethic is our mutual respect and sense of collective responsibility; we work as a team to ensure that the quality of learning and teaching are equally high across the department. We share resources, planning and strategies – we use the strengths of each member of the team to achieve our results. Our new team member will have a likeminded approach and be willing to work collaboratively to support students and staff.
CPD in our team is varied – we spend a significant proportion of our time improving our subject knowledge and developing our curriculum. Alongside this we work with other English staff from the Trust to develop our skills, as well as inviting in external providers (including the exam boards) to provide development on examination technique or new materials/content. We observe each-other’s lessons and make the most of opportunities to work with trainees and school experience candidates. As a team we also pride ourselves on being forward thinking and developmental; we utilise a variety of resources and methods from Twitter and #teamenglish, and are always keen to trial new ideas if they will help to improve outcomes. We would welcome another member of the team who is keen to bring a new perspective to the table.
Essential educational requirements
• Relevant ‘A’ Levels (or equivalent) and degree;
• Good honours degree (2:1 or better);
• Qualified Teacher Status.
Essential skills and experience
• An ability to work in collaborative partnership with the full range of people associated with the Academy - staff, parents, governors, community, business, LA, OFSTED
• An ability to lead, build and work within teams
• Excellent teaching skills
• Excellent communication skills
• Leading teaching and learning across all ages ranges
• Leading the implementation of new methods of teaching and learning
• Developing resources across the curriculum
Please see job pack for full job description and person specification.
In return we can offer:
• TLR 1B
• Employee benefits and well-being scheme
• Cycle to work scheme
• Access to Local Government Pension Scheme
• Salary sacrifice bus pass scheme
About Bluecoat Beechdale Academy
- Harvey Road, Nottingham, Nottinghamshire, NG8 3GP
- Bluecoat Beechdale Academy website (opens in a new window)