Main Scale/ UPS (£25 714-£41 604) with TLR 1b (£10 203)
We seek to appoint an outstanding leader and classroom practitioner who has high aspirations and the enthusiasm, energy and commitment to lead our English department as we move to the next stage in our development and achieve even greater success. We strive to develop the very best practice in teaching and learning and create inspirational learning experiences for all of our students. The successful candidate would, likewise, be committed to the development of themselves and others within the English department. This is an exciting opportunity for someone with the passion and enthusiasm to lead the development of our innovative and exciting English curriculum, striving for outstanding progress at every level. English Literature and Language are popular choices at A Level and the department has a successful track record of students progressing to Russell Group universities. This is also an excellent opportunity for someone who has the drive and aspiration to move into a senior leadership role in the future. The position is permanent and the start date is 1st September 2021.
The successful candidate must:
• Be an outstanding teacher
• Be enthusiastic and committed teacher and leader with vision, drive and commitment
• Have a passion for developing student engagement and educational progress
• Have an innovative approach to teaching and learning and model excellence in the classroom
• Be proficient in planning, assessment and target setting so that all children make good or better progress
• Have an ability to inspire and support all students to achieve their full potential
• Be someone with outstanding subject knowledge to lead and develop the English curriculum with relevant TLR post holders
• Have middle leadership experience
• Have an ability to raise attainment at KS3, 4 and 5, having a measurable impact at both an individual and departmental level
• Be able to lead the monitoring and evaluation of quality teaching and standards.
• Have an ability to develop innovation in teaching and learning, motivating and inspiring both colleagues and students through outstanding teaching.
• Able to motivate and inspire staff and students to achieve their full potential
• Someone with aspirations of senior leadership
• Hold a relevant teaching qualification and QTS
TLR 1b (£10 203)
Applying for the job
For further information about the role and to download an application form, please visit www.egglescliffe.org.uk and send your completed application with a 1500 word covering letter to: Mrs L. Oyston, Headteacher, Egglescliffe School, Urlay Nook Road, Egglescliffe, Stockton on Tees. TS16 0LA or email to : firstname.lastname@example.org
More on how to apply
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
1497 pupils enrolled
11 to 18
About Egglescliffe School
Would you like to progress your career in a school that is one of the highest performing secondary schools and sixth forms Tees Valley North East? be part community not only provides an exceptional educational experience but also has well renowned supportive pastoral ethos? lead large thriving department which been graded as ‘Outstanding’ three consecutive Ofsted inspections?
Egglescliffe highly successful oversubscribed mixed comprehensive 11 – 18 school. Our visitors comment on extremely positive learning atmosphere at focus every student achieving exceeding their potential. We hold following national awards: • Outstanding School Status National Teaching Sport England Sportsmark Healthy Award
Our English Department is:
• Highly successful, with students making above national average progress at GCSE and A-level
• Committed to sustaining and improving results across all levels and Key Stages
• A collaborative and supportive department
• Innovative, creative and student centred
• At the heart of the school curriculum with 9 dedicated English classrooms
• Following AQA at GCSE and at both English Language and Literature A-Level.
Egglescliffe School can offer you a professional challenge and a rewarding opportunity, working with a collaborative school that is passionate about the progress and development of every student.
Egglescliffe School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Successful applicants will need to undertake a DBS enhanced clearance.
Arranging a visit to Egglescliffe School
We would welcome any prospective candidates to visit the school prior to the application being submitted.
Please contact the school via email to : email@example.com to arrange a visit.