Business studies, Economics
£26,000 - £41,604 per annum. A TLR of £4,010 per annum may be payable.
• Improve the quality of teaching and learning to outstanding
• Support colleagues to embed AfL, Building Learning Power and the student centred learning that is at the heart of Walton High’s Learning and Teaching policies. This is to be achieved through modelling best practice, mentoring and coaching
• Monitor, evaluate and be accountable for the quality of teaching and learning
• Be responsible for the learning and achievement of all students in allocated classes, ensuring equality of opportunity for all
• Be responsible and accountable for achieving the highest possible standards in students’ work and conduct
• Work proactively and effectively in collaboration and partnership with learners, other staff, parents/carers, governors and external agencies in the best interests of students
• Fulfil the professional responsibilities outlined in the current School Teachers Pay and Conditions Document and Teachers’ Standards
• Take responsibility for promoting and safeguarding the welfare of children and young people within the school
• Treat students with dignity, building relationships rooted in mutual respect, and at all times observing proper boundaries appropriate to a teacher’s professional position
A TLR of £4,010 may also be payable depending upon skills and experience.
Applying for the job
If you believe Walton High is a place where you can help make a positive difference to young people’s lives, please complete the application form and return to us with a letter of application.
Please state in a letter of application, of no more than two sides of A4, how you meet the criteria within the Person Specification. Supporting examples should illustrate your impact on students’ achievements.
The selection day will involve teaching a lesson as well as meeting Walton High staff, students and governors in various contexts.
We look forward to receiving your application.More on how to apply
2214 pupils enrolled
11 to 19
About Walton High
Walton High opened in September 1999 with 120 Year 8 students on its Walnut Tree campus. Since then it has grown year-on-year to become one of Milton Keynes' most successful and popular schools. It has been a privilege to be part of the school’s history. From its very beginning the school’s educational ethos has been rooted in the belief that an excellent education ignites a lifelong desire for learning; that it not only provides a young person with the skills and attributes needed to make a living and contribute positively to society, but also enables them to live happy and fulfilled lives.
In November 2016 the school entered the next phase of its development with the opening of its Brooklands Campus. By 2022 both campuses will have approximately 1500 students on roll, including Post-16.
Fyfield Barrow, Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire, MK7 7WH