Subject Leader for Modern Foreign Languages
The Bishops' Blue Coat Church of England High School, Chester, Cheshire
|Working pattern||Full-time only|
|Salary||Main pay range 2 to Upper pay range 3, £26,037 to £40,490|
Due to an internal promotion, we wish to appoint a talented MFL teacher with energy and proven leadership and management experience to lead this key department. The successful applicant must be able to inspire both staff and students. You will have the ability, creativity, ambition and drive to take the department forward to the next phase of its development. You would need to offer French and a second language; all other language combinations will be considered along with the candidate’s experience. If you have a clear vision to develop languages and further improve examination results, we should like to hear from you.
The department currently offers French and German at GCSE and A-level.
The Bishops’ Blue Coat CE High School is a high achieving and forward thinking school, which is thriving and enjoys an excellent reputation. We are committed to ensuring excellent learning and teaching in a caring environment. You will find the school a rewarding and friendly place to work with good relationships between staff and students. We have a strong commitment to the professional development of all.
If you would be interested in joining us then please download an application pack from our website www.bishopschester.co.uk.
Closing: 12 noon Monday 20 April 2020
The Bishops’ Blue Coat High School is committed to all aspects of safeguarding.
Essential educational requirements
• Qualified teacher
• Good Honours degree in Modern Foreign Languages
• The ability to teach French to all key stages
Essential skills and experience
• Be an excellent teacher capable of getting the most out of students of all abilities and interests
• Be able to secure high achievement.
• Be able to think strategically
• Be able to use data for monitoring, tracking and evaluation.
• Be a good “people” person.
• Be able to get the best out of staff and lead and manage a team.
• Be able to lead change effectively
• Possess good ICT skills
• Recent experience of teaching in a range of ability
• Experience of teaching all key stages
• Leadership and management experience such as being a Deputy Head of MFL
• Experience of leading change and new initiatives
• Knowledge of current issues in MFL teaching
|School type||Academy, Church of England|
|School size||1024 pupils enrolled|
|Age range||11 to 18|
|Ofsted report||View Ofsted report|
|Website||The Bishops' Blue Coat Church of England High School website (opens in a new window)|
Vaughans Lane, Chester, Cheshire, CH3 5XF