Subject leader for Science
We require a science teacher to join an outstanding education team in a unique hospital setting. Come and join us!
We work with pupils aged 12 – 18 who are patients of Willow House, Tier 4 CAMHS inpatient hospital. The pupils come from local and regional areas. We support pupils continued learning and their successful reintegration. We complement the hospitals’ focus on recovery by seeking to minimise the future impact of admission.
A part-time permanent science teacher required for teaching KS3, KS4 and KS5.
We require an inspirational and creative teacher who:
• is passionate about learning and teaching pupils;
• can motivate and lead pupils in learning;
• has proven good teaching across the curriculum;
• has experience of helping pupils overcome barriers
• is committed to working in partnership with students,
parents, staff and other professionals;
• can work well in a team and show initiative;
• will prepare pupils to reintegrate back to mainstream
• has experience of teaching in a mainstream school.
Essential educational requirements
Degree in a Science subject
PGCE - secondary
Good IT skills
Clean driving licence
Essential skills and experience
Be able to think outside the box and engage young people with their learning.
Salary: MPG/UPS+ SEN1
We can offer you:
• engaging work alongside a hard-working staff team who are
professional and dedicated;
• opportunities to work in a unique hospital setting;
• opportunities for personal and professional development.
Informal discussion: Prospective applicants are welcome to telephone Sally Marsden, Headteacher on 0118 949 5007 for an informal discussion about the post and arrange informal visits.
About Willow House Hospital Education
CAMHS tier 4 education provision
- 41 Barkham Road, Wokingham, Berkshire, RG41 2RE
- Not Applicable
- LA Maintained School