Subject Leader: Mathematics
This job expired on 23 March 2023
Start date details
23 March 2023 at 11:59pm
8 March 2023
- Key stage 3, Key stage 4, Key stage 5
- View all Mathematicsjobs
- View all Full timejobs - Directed
- Leadership Scale 7-10 (Inner London)
Performance and Loyalty Bonus + Harris Wellbeing Cash Plan + Pension Scheme (TPS) + Additional Harris Benefits
What skills and experience we're looking for
We are looking for a qualified teacher with subject leadership experience to join Harris Academy Tottenham as Subject Leader of Mathematics.
You will join an open and supportive team inestablishing outstanding provision within Chemistry. This will include all programmes, systems and structures taking account of the academy's vision and values leading to outstanding teaching and learning.
The successful candidate will:
- Hold QTS (or equivalent) and a relevant undergraduate degree, and, ideally, further qualifications and evidence of continuous self-development and updated knowledge in relevant areas
- Have a minimum of three years' teaching experience, ideally including KS5 and in multi-ethnic urban schools
- Understand the theory and practice of effective teaching and learning
- Have knowledge of National Curriculum requirements at KS3, KS4, and KS5
- Have experience of delivering high quality INSET to teaching staff within subject area, and of using coaching as a model for ensuring ongoing professional development
- Ideally, be able to show evidence of leading, supporting and managing others, both individuals and teams, ensuring high quality performance
- Be able to prove their success in raising achievement as a subject leader or classroom practitioner
- Have successful experience of processes of monitoring, evaluation and review that provide performance data that can be used to improve the quality of teaching and learning
- Have a good level of ICT skills and experience of how new technologies can be used to raise achievement
- Have recent experience of involvement in innovative curriculum development
- Have ideas of how Language, Literacy and Numeracy can be used across the curriculum to raise standards
- Have experience of embedding innovative strategies for improving teaching and learning and of managing and implementing change successfully
What the school offers its staff
At Harris Academy Tottenham, we are innovative, open and collaborative. We would like fellow innovators, passionate pedagogists and creative class leaders to join us during this exciting time. With a dedicated SLT team on hand for support and guidance, there are a multitude of CPD opportunities to thrive on. You can expect to be a part of a fantastic team of dedicated teachers and support staff as well as an attentive, supportive work culture.
Our people are at the heart of our success. We have developed a strong culture of collaboration and best practice, with professional development and career planning at its centre. We invest in our staff with support, coaching, mentoring, and a wide range of top-quality training programmes delivered at every level.
In addition to the opportunities for career development and progression, we also offer a competitive rewards and benefits package which includesour Harris Allowance for teachers on MPS/UPS,a Performance and Loyalty Bonus, Pension Scheme with generous employer contributions, a Wellbeing Cash Plan including access to a virtual GP, electric car scheme, 26 days' annual leave (plus bank holidays) for staff who work across the full year, and many other benefits. Learn more aboutour benefitson our website.
Further details about the role
The main responsibilities of your role will be:
- To establish outstanding provision within the subject area. This to include all programmes, systems and structures taking account of the academy's vision and values leading to outstanding teaching and learning.
- To be accountable for student progress and development in the subject area across KS3, KS4 and Sixth form, including meeting student achievement targets for subject areas which are agreed by the Principal and the Governing Body.
- To ensure high standards of teaching and learning across the subject area through continuously, developing and enhancing the quality of teaching and learning.
- To ensure the provision of an appropriately engaging, relevant and differentiated curriculum for students in the subject area, in accordance with the academy aims and policies, as determined by the Principal and Governing Body.
- To ensure that all school policies and procedures are implemented and applied consistently by all colleagues in the subject area.
- To effectively and efficiently manage and deploy teaching/support staff, financial and physical resources across the subject area, with the support and working alongside the MLG/ALG.
- To lead development for literacy, within subject areas, to raise standards of Literacy across the Academy.
Commitment to safeguarding
About Harris Academy Tottenham
- School type
- Free School, ages 4 to 19
- Education phase
- View all Through schooljobs
- School size
- 1275 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 4 to 19
- Ofsted report
- View Ofsted report (opens in new tab)
- School website
- Harris Academy Tottenham website (opens in new tab)
- Email address
- Phone number
- 020 3772 4243
Harris Academy Tottenham is a 3-18 academy with a Specialism in Mathematics and Enterprise, judged by Ofsted as 'Outstanding' in 2017. This will be an exciting opportunity to be part of an excellent team who will develop and provide outstanding teaching and learning and exceptional outcomes for students.
Similar jobs nearby
Get a job alert when similar jobs are listed