Subject Leader - Maths + TLR1b (£10,750)
Do you have a passion for Maths and the tenacity to drive and improve the outcomes for students?
The post is an excellent opportunity to gain experience leading and teaching Maths to GCSE level within an enthusiastic and friendly department. This teaching job requires an experienced candidate, who will hold QTS and have a broad knowledge of the KS3 and KS4 curriculums.
It is essential that you have recent experience of the curriculum and some solid teaching experience that will help you to lead a team. You will be joining a secondary school with an enthusiastic and supportive head, a strong team of teachers, and support from the Trust.
We are looking for someone who:
Has a drive for excellence and a desire to be outstanding!
Is highly organised, motivated and driven to succeed
Is a specialist in Maths and committed to the progress of ALL students
Is a team member who will collaborate with colleagues to ensure the progress of students
Has enthusiasm, presence and authority who can deliver consistently
Please do have a look at the job description and person specification for more information about the role.
If you would like to arrange a visit to the academy, please contact Harriet Catt, PA to the Principal on firstname.lastname@example.org or 01424 711950
The Trust reserves the right to interview and appoint a suitable candidate before the closing date or close the role early if sufficient applications are received.
The University of Brighton Academies Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All appointments are subject to an enhanced DBS check.
Essential educational requirements
Qualified Teacher Status (Unqualified Teachers will be considered if they are pursuing a teacher training route).
Essential skills and experience
• Significant contribution which has resulted in the success of the wider school
• Leading a team in the development and implementation of a curriculum initiative
• Delivering training and undertaking professional development of others
• Effective engagement with external partners
• Using systems to evaluate the standards and to modify plans accordingly
• Leading intervention programmes
• Tracking and monitoring identified groups and designing intervention programmes
• Understanding outstanding teaching practice
• Conducting lesson observations
• Designing and delivering outstanding training
Leadership and management:
• An effective leadership style that inspires confidence and collegiality, motivating others to participate
• Versatility and flexibility
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills
• Strong organisational skills
• Resilience and motivation
• Genuine passion and belief in the potential of every student
As an employee of University of Brighton Academies Trust, we can offer you:
The opportunity to develop and grow your career within the Trust thorough our commitment to your continued professional development.
The opportunity to work within an Academy recently classified as ‘Good’ by Ofsted
A calm, positive and innovative learning environment
Excellent facilities and resources for staff and students
Excellent professional development opportunities
A strong and supportive leadership team, dedicated to the development of staff and students
Access to our Employee Assistance Programme, covering a range of health and welfare benefits
Access to our employee discount programme, My Academy Rewards
About The Hastings Academy
Our staff are rightly proud to be effecting change at The Hastings Academy and believe that the education provided to our students, will enable them to find success, be happy in their learning and achieve their goals. We greatly value and encourage our community to work with us in our endeavour to help each child realise their potential and we are relentless in pursuing every avenue and form of support to ensure we fulfil this promise. All who work and are a part of The Hastings Academy are continually striving to ensure we are the academy of choice for our community and therefore, we actively encourage prospective parents, carers and students to come and visit our place of learning. We look forward to seeing you.
- Rye Road, Hastings, East Sussex, TN35 5DN
- The Hastings Academy website (opens in a new window)