Subject Leader of DT
We are seeking a talented leader for our DT Department who has a genuine passion for the subject. The successful candidate will be committed to further raising standards and have an enthusiasm for teaching, learning and the progression of young people. A willingness to teach Food Technology would be an advantage along with Product Design. The role is available from January but the start date is negotiable for the right candidate.
You will plan and deliver learning to students, so that all ‘Dream Big and Achieve’. This will involve developing a strong understanding of the curriculum, planning to meet students’ needs, delivering learning in the most effective manner and ensuring effective feedback. Through this vital role you will be able to ensure students develop a love for your subject and achieve excellent results. All of the above will be achieved through working as part of a team who values the abilities of all and works together to develop the best possible learning.
Essential educational requirements
Educated to Degree Level
Have Qualified Teacher Status (QTS) or Newly Qualified Teacher status (NQT)
Essential skills and experience
- Have strong knowledge of the KS4 curriculum
- Work well with staff and pupils alike
- Be motivated to get the best out of pupils
- Have a strong classroom management skills
As a school we will offer you:
- TLR allowance for subject leader responsibility and this is currently £2,796 per annum
- A comprehensive induction
- Extensive professional development based on your needs and aspirations
- The opportunity to be part of a subject and whole school team which believes in working together to achieve excellence
- A school which values every individuals' contribution and seeks to develop teachers skills and talents across all areas of school life
About Northfleet School for Girls
Northfleet School for Girls is a vibrant and friendly school which values every individual as a professional member of the whole team. Our vision is that all students should dream big and achieve. This is realised through staff, students and parents working closely together, having high expectations in all areas and enjoying the journey. We are at a very exciting stage in our path to outstanding. Results have improved year on year and are now significantly above similar schools, student engagement is excellent and intake numbers are expanding rapidly at both Year 7 and Year 12. We are particularly excited to be planning a brand new dedicated Sixth Form building for 2020. The following quotes from our 2019 staff survey give a feel for the school; “Behaviour is exceptional.” “There is a positive and supportive culture here with good relationships between staff and students.” “This is a great school which I love being a part of.” “Staff are well regarded and respected.” “The school is a lovely place to work and fantastic place to be a student.” In addition to the above; parent surveys show that 97% would recommend the school, 99% say their child is taught well and 99% say we look after their child well. If you would like to be part of a school that values the contribution of all staff in achieving great education and want to work in an environment where everyone is supported to develop further then we would like to speak with you.
- Hall Road, Gravesend, Kent, DA11 8AQ
- LA Maintained School
- Northfleet School for Girls website (opens in a new window)