- Job role
Suitable for early career teachers
- Drama, Music
- Working pattern
- Contract type
- £25,714 - £36,961
SUBJECT LEADER: MUSIC AND PERFORMING ARTS (Drama)
Full time, permanent
Main Pay Scale (£25,714 - £36,961 depending on experience)
Upper Wharfedale School honours any existing Main Scale/UPS payments
Applications welcome from NQTs or more experienced colleagues.
Required for January 2022, an outstanding music specialist with relevant experience or training to join our popular, oversubscribed school in the heart of the Yorkshire Dales.
The successful candidate will have:
• Responsibility for leading and teaching both Music and Drama to the full age and ability range in KS3, and Music/Performing Arts at KS4.
• The ability to promote the effective teaching of Literacy across the school
• The proven ability to teach outstanding lessons and, therefore enable outstanding outcomes for students
• A keen interest in developing extra-curricular activities, including productions, concerts and other performances
• An enthusiasm for wider school developments, including Social, Moral, Spiritual and Cultural Education
• High expectations of themselves, other staff and students
• Excellent communication and teamwork skills
• High ambitions for their own professional and career development
Further information about the school can be found on the school website: www.uws.n-yorks.sch.uk
An application form, job description and person specification can be downloaded from this site.
Completed application forms should be sent by email to: email@example.com marked for the attention of Mrs Wade.
Closing date: 9am, Monday 4th October 2021
Interviews: Monday 11th October 2021
Upper Wharfedale School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people, including protecting children from radicalisation. All appointments made are subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check.
Applying for the job
Please use the school application form.
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.