- Job role
SEND responsibilities (special educational needs and disabilities)
- Physical education
- Working pattern
- Full time
- Contract type
We are seeking to appoint an outstanding and dynamic person that is passionate about PE & Sport. They will also lead our busy and thriving PE team into the next phase of development. Experience of leading a team as well as up-to-date knowledge of current practices and educational pedagogy is a pre-requisite for this role. You will be joining team that is currently at the forefront of curriculum design.
Key responsibilities are:
● An ambitious teacher who is committed to securing high standards of learning and teaching across key stage 3, 4 & 5 through creative and inspirational leadership.
● A dedicated and outstanding leader who can take responsibility for the rapid and continued progress of our students.
● Someone who is confident with planning, assessment, intervention and data tracking to ensure that the department’s performance at all key stages continues to grow from strength to strength.
● Someone who is on a journey in the development of his or her own leadership skills and is aspiring to further promotion after this post.
● To monitor and hold the PE team to account for standards and student progress.
● To carry out the professional duties of a teacher as circumstances may require and in accordance with the school's policies under the direction of the Headteacher.
● To be an effective professional who demonstrates thorough curriculum knowledge, can teach and assess effectively, take responsibility for professional development and has students who achieve well.
● To support staff, students and parents.
● To promote the ethos and good reputation of the school, ensuring effective communication both internally and externally.
We welcome all applications, especially those from creative and inspirational teachers who are independent thinkers.
Please see our website for an application form and further details.
THE ANGMERING SCHOOL, STATION ROAD, ANGMERING, WEST SUSSEX, BN16 4HH
Tel. 01903 772351 Fax 01903 850752
The Angmering School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The post is subject to a Disclosure & Barring Service. Only completion of all appropriate forms will be considered for short listing. In light of potentially high volume of applicants, you will only be contacted if successfully invited to interview.
Applying for the job
Please complete an application form and send it to email@example.com. Any queries please do not hesitate to contact Sarah Hemsley on 01903 772351.Download an application form - 581 KB
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
- School type
- Local authority maintained school, ages 11 to 18
- Education phase
- School size
- 1320 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 11 to 18
About The Angmering School
We are a happy and successful school where all are committed to learning and where everyone is challenged to do their best. We believe success comes in all forms and that in addition to gaining good qualifications, students should leave us as good
citizens. Our curriculum builds on the Key Stage 2 curriculum and provides both breadth and stretch for pupils as they progress towards GCSE/BTEC and then
We are ambitious for every child and promote a Growth Mindset in order to break
down any barriers to progress. In addition to a rich curriculum and great teaching we offer a varied programme of activities. This enables staff to follow their interests and develop a broad experience which will help prepare our students for adulthood.
The care we extend to all our students is epitomised by the Lavinia Norfolk Centre where students with disabilities are integrated fully into the daily life of the school.
We would love you be part of our school. In addition you may also wish to check out our website, Facebook and Twitter pages which give a daily view of school life and let you see what we stand for and how we work.
We welcome visitors so please contact us if you would like to come and meet us.
“Aspire, Achieve, Angmering.”
Arranging a visit to The Angmering School
Please contact Sarah Hemsley on 01903 772351 or through the email address firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange a visit to the the school.