This job expired on 26 September 2022
Job start date
1 January 2023
26 September 2022 at 9am
12 September 2022
About Thomas Deacon Academy
- School type
- Academy, ages 7 to 19
- Education phase
- View all Through schooljobs
- School size
- 2406 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 7 to 19
- Ofsted report
- View Ofsted report (opens in new tab)
- School website
- Thomas Deacon Academy website (opens in new tab)
- Email address
Subject Leader Science - Key Stage 5
Contract: Full time
Salary: MPS/UPS + TLR 2b (£4, 935 per annum)
Site: Thomas Deacon Academy
Closing date: 26 September 2022
Start: January 2023
Please note the trust may decide to withdraw the advert before the closing date or interview suitable candidates prior to the advert closing.
About Thomas Deacon Education Trust (TDET)
TDET is a charitable organisation dedicated to raising educational outcomes across a range of primary and secondary phase schools and academies in the East Midlands. As a multi-academy trust we strive to provide outstanding teaching and learning for all and an ethos and culture that encourages everyone to be the very best that they can be.
We put learners, and their learning, at the heart of everything we do.
Thomas Deacon Academy
Trust: we are honest
Discipline: we never give up
Aspiration: we want the very best
Thomas Deacon Academy was one of the first Academies to be created and continues to thrive through our core values of Trust, Discipline and Aspiration. As we enter the exciting new phase of our future we continue to offer an aspirational learning environment for students from the ages of 7 to 18 years old. Our modern facilities, TDA Junior, Sixth Form Study Centre and 43 acre campus allow us to provide the ultimate in educational choice.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a school within one of the well-regarded Trusts in the eastern region. The school has a great history of success and a bright and exciting future and we are looking for an ambitious and dynamic leader to steer it through the next stage of its development.
Collaboration, educational research and professional development are at the core of how the schools within TDET work together. With a clear focus on leadership at all levels, the Trust is well placed to provide great opportunities to promote Thomas Deacon Academy as a leading school and you will be given effective support to develop you personally as an outstanding teacher. In addition, being part of TDET there will be a wide range of opportunities to grow and develop within the Academy and Trust wide.
• Be a passionate, inspiring teacher of Science.
• Have recent experience of successful leadership.
• Be able to evidence a key contribution to sustained school improvement.
• Demonstrate experience of inspirational team leadership/membership and development.
• Know how to actively engage parents as partners in the education of their children, including those harder to reach.
• Be adept at challenging educational under-achievement and inspiring children to reach their full potential.
• Have high expectations for the behaviour and academic progress of young people.
• Be ambitious and have the energy and creativity to make a significant contribution to the whole academy.
The Trust offers:
• excellent salary package.
• fantastic training/CPD opportunities in a friendly supportive environment.
• opportunity for progression across Thomas Deacon Education Trust.
• use of Academy facilities (including a gym and onsite car parking).
• Local Government pension scheme.
• An engaging, creative and welcoming environment to learners who take pride in their school.
• An inclusive and collaborative approach.
• A talented, highly motivated, committed and professional team of colleagues, both within the school and across the trust.
• An actively supportive Local Governing Body and Trust leadership.
Thomas Deacon Education Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The Academy will require the successful candidate to provide satisfactory references and undertake an Enhanced Check with the Disclosure and Barring Service.
If you have any questions regarding this post please contact the HR Team on e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
Similar jobs nearby
Get a job alert when similar jobs are listed