- Job role
- Working pattern
- Full time
- Contract type
- Main pay range 1 to Upper pay range 3, £25,714 to £41,604 per year plus TLR 2B £4786
We are seeking to appoint an exceptional Subject Specialist of Mathematics who is fully aligned to our Trust Vision, Values and Behaviours and the Academy Key Drivers. We are seeking to appoint an ambitious and talented and highly effective teacher with a proven track record of securing successful student outcomes across all key stages. The individual will possess the key leadership qualities necessary to develop professionals, inspire young people and contribute to school improvement as part of the extended Academy leadership team. We require a strong teacher to teach and lead the department’s Post 16 offer.
A visit to the Academy, so you can meet the Principal and key Middle and Senior Leaders is strongly advised, to enable you to discuss the post in more detail.
The successful candidate will:
• be a driven, proactive, and positive individual with an unwavering commitment to continuously improving their own standards of teaching and learning.
• fully 'buy in' to using IRIS and regular drop-in feedback as a mechanism to improving their day-to-day performance as a teacher.
• have the ability and desire to deliver exceptional teaching and learning.
• be a dynamic practitioner with a relentless desire to drive up educational standards and deliver exceptional outcomes for all cohorts of pupils.
• have excellent subject knowledge and be able to teach Mathematics effectively across the KS3 – KS5, age and ability ranges.
• have a track record of delivering clear impact with their own classes.
• have a true growth mindset, exceptional work ethic and a sense of humour.
• have the knowledge and experience of the context in which Maltby Academy operates.
In return we will offer:
• modern, purpose-built learning spaces, which inspire exceptional teaching and learning.
• excellent career development opportunities and access to a comprehensive and continuous programme of personalised ‘Professional Learning and Development’ (PLD)
• an excellent induction programme with dynamic, driven, and supportive staff.
This post involves working with children and therefore if successful you will be required to apply for a disclosure of criminal records check at an enhanced level. Further information about the Disclosure Scheme can be found at www.gov.uk/disclosure-barring-service-check.
For further information please contact: Rachael Barratt PA to Principal on firstname.lastname@example.org
The 'Role Description' and 'Person Specification' can be accessed from our website careers page.
To apply please visit our website careers page - https://www.maltbylearningtrust.com/vacancies
TLR 2B £4786
This job post has expired.
- School type
- Academy, ages 11 to 19
- Education phase
- School size
- 1131 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 11 to 19
About Maltby Academy
About Maltby Academy
Maltby Academy is a mainstream, non-selective, state secondary school for girls and boys aged 11-19. The school is situated in Rotherham, South Yorkshire. There are 1,040 children on its roll.
Maltby Academy attained academy status in 2010 and is housed in state-of-the-art buildings that include a business and enterprise centre, a multi-use sports centre and an open-plan sixth-form common area. The curriculum is designed to be highly personalised to offer a broad and balanced experience.
Principal: Mr Wood
Values and Vision
Maltby Academy has a strong emphasis on traditional values and high standards, based around good manners, common courtesy, regular engagement and positive behaviour. The secondary school's motto is "Success for today, prepared for tomorrow". Teachers aim to provide an inspirational learning experience in order to build confidence, resilience and a desire to be the best, enabling the school’s young people to be competitive in the global employment market.
“Maltby is a good and rapidly improving academy. Its positive and disciplined ethos successfully promotes pride, mutual respect and good behaviour among its students. The good climate for learning and good teaching has resulted in good achievement. Outstanding leadership has brought about this rapid rise in achievement.”
“Students’ good behaviour and positive attitudes make a good contribution to the quality of their learning and the orderly school environment. Levels of exclusion have been very significantly reduced since the academy opened. Bullying is rare and students feel safe.”
Arranging a visit to Maltby Academy
A visit to the Academy, so you can meet the Principal and key Middle and Senior Leaders is strongly advised, to enable you to discuss the post in more detail. To arrange a visit please contact Rachael Barratt PA to Principal on email@example.com