Subject Teacher for Design Technology
We are looking for an outstanding and inspirational Design and Technology Teacher to work across both our Fishponds and Brentry sites. St Matthias Academy offers full time education for pupils who have been permanently excluded and for those at risk of permanent exclusion from schools across the Centre, North and East of the City of Bristol. We work to create a learning environment which encourages the development of mutual respect, positive relationships and social responsibility leading towards educational and personal success.
Essential educational requirements
Qualified Teacher Status (QTS)
• A proven track record of successful and recent class teaching in a secondary school.
• Successful understanding and experience of teaching the secondary curriculum.
• Clear insight into best practice in teaching and learning, in order to maximise pupil outcomes.
• Excellent subject knowledge suitable for the age-range being taught.
• Clear understanding of how effective strategies for managing behaviour within the classroom and beyond impacts on wider pupil performance.
• An understanding of issues related to inclusivity and social mobility within education.
Essential skills and experience
• Excellent inter-personal and communication skills with all stakeholders within our community;
• An efficient and capable administrator;
• Keen to initiate and innovate;
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• To demonstrate the skills of a good teacher, meeting the requirements of the Teacher Standards.
• Ability to make a significant contribution to the wider school ethos.
• A commitment to continue to raise pupil achievement.
• The ability to work as part of a team.
• The ability to communicate effectively with parents and carers.
• A commitment to further your own professional development and to the principle of continuous improvement
About St Matthias Academy
- Alexandra Park, Bristol, BS16 2BG
- Not Applicable
- St Matthias Academy website (opens in a new window)