24 days remaining to apply
Job start date
1 September 2023
26 June 2023 at 12pm (midday)
18 May 2023
- View all Part timejobs - 30 hours per week, Term time plus Inset days
- £10.79 per hour
What skills and experience we're looking for
The rate of pay will be Grade 2
The post holder will be employed at a Grade 2, £10.79ph, 30hpw, Term Time, plus Inset days
(£14,653pa annum actual salary)
The Governors of Cardinal Griffin Catholic College are seeking to appoint a highly motivated, Support Assistant to join us from 1st September 2023, 30hpw, term time. The salary is Grade 2, £10.79 per hour.
The role will involve
- Supporting the pupil/s welfare needs;
- Supporting the pupil/s to interact with other pupils as part of their learning;
- Supporting the teacher in ensuring that the pupil/s are able to access the class activities.
The right candidate will have:
- GCSE English and Maths at grade C or above.
- Previous school experience would be an advantage.
- A proven ability to work on their own initiative.
- The ability to relate positively to children and adults.
- The ability to use relevant technology/equipment.
- A commitment to the happiness well-being, self-esteem and progress of everyone at the school.
What the school offers its staff
Why Cardinal Griffin?
- Following our March 2023 OfSTED, Cardinal Griffin Catholic College continues to be rated as a ‘Good’ school.
- Cardinal Griffin is a thriving 11-18 Catholic College with 888 students on roll.
- Curriculum leadership that places great emphasis on the importance of students studying modern foreign languages
- We pride ourselves on our approach to staff wellbeing ensuring all staff have access to high quality research-based CPD. This forms an integral part of our appraisal and staff development cycle.
- We are working to achieve a 'Leading Parent Partnership' award and through this we show our commitment to stakeholder voice.
- We have a strong performance academically, with 61% of our pupils achieving a grade 5 or better in their GCSE English and 57% of our pupils achieving a grade 5 or better in their GCSE Maths in 2022.
- Following the appointment of a new Headteacher we are looking to accelerate our progress towards becoming an outstanding College.
- We are a Christian community with a caring, secure and disciplined environment.
Further details about the role
Closing date for applications is Monday, 26th June 2023 at 12 noon.
The College reserves the right to interview as soon as it has a suitable field of candidates and so encourages early applications.
This post is on the Pupil Welfare Support Assistant Job Profile Grade 2.
This school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people/vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This position is subject to a criminal records check from the Disclosure and Barring Service (formerly CRB) which will require you to disclose details of all unspent and unfiltered spent reprimands, formal warnings cautions and convictions in your application form. Applicants will be subject to an online search if shortlisted. Where the role involves engaging in regulated activity relevant to children, candidates should note that it is an offence to apply for the role if the applicant is barred from engaging in regulated activity relevant to children. Our Safeguarding Policy can be found at https://www.cardinalgriffin.org.uk/docs/Policies/CGCC_Safeguarding_Policy.pdf
Commitment to safeguarding
Applying for the job
Please download the application form using the link below, and once completed send to email@example.comDownload an application form - 59.9 KB
Upload additional documents
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
About Cardinal Griffin Catholic College
- School type
- Local authority maintained school, Roman Catholic, ages 11 to 18
- Education phase
- View all Secondaryjobs
- School size
- 870 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 11 to 18
- Ofsted report
- View Ofsted report (opens in new tab)
- Email address
- Phone number
- 01543 502215
Following our March 2023 OfSTED, Cardinal Griffin Catholic College continues to be a rated as a ‘Good’ school. Ours is a warm, supportive, welcoming and above all, happy place to work. Relationships are paramount to us. All are expected to give of their best, grow and develop, both staff and students. We are committed to staff welfare and development and we offer an excellent professional development programme and training opportunities for staff at all stages of their career.
Arranging a visit to Cardinal Griffin Catholic College
To arrange a visit and increase the chance of a successful application email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Similar jobs nearby
Senior Deputy Designated Safeguarding Lead
Painsley Catholic College
Station Road, Stoke-on-Trent, Staffordshire, ST10 1LH
The Telford Langley School
Duce Drive, Telford, Shropshire, TF4 3JS
High Point Academy
Friar Park Road, Wednesbury, West Midlands, WS10 0JS
Oldbury Wells School
Oldbury Wells, Bridgnorth, Shropshire, WV16 5JD
Get a job alert when similar jobs are listed
Find more school jobs in Staffordshire and Stoke