TA Level 2 with EAL
This job expired on 22 October 2022 – see similar jobs
Start date details
22 October 2022 at 9am
22 September 2022
- Key stage 3, Key stage 4, Key stage 5
- View all Full timejobs - 37 Hours
Full-time equivalent salary
- Actual - £17,551 - £19,377 - FTE:£20,043 - £22,129
- SCP6 - 11
TA Level 2 with EAL job summary
We are looking to recruit an exceptional Teaching Assistant Level 2 EAL to join the team here at Royton & Crompton E-ACT Academy. The successful applicant will work with teachers to support teaching and learning, providing general and specific assistance to pupils and staff under the direction, guidance and direct supervision of the classroom teacher. Work may be carried out in the classroom or outside the main teaching area.
- Provide specialist support to pupils where English is not their first Language
- Work with individuals or small groups of pupils in the classroom under the direct supervision of teaching staff.
- Supervise and provide particular support for pupils, including those with special needs, ensuring their safety and access to learning activities
- Create and maintain a purposeful, orderly and supportive environment, in accordance with lesson plans and assist with the display of pupils’ work.
- Use strategies, under the supervision and guidance of the teacher, to support pupils to achieve learning goals.
- Undertake structured and agreed learning activities/teaching programmes under the supervision and guidance of teaching staff
- Undertake programmes linked to local and national learning strategies e.g. literacy, numeracy, early years recording achievement and progress and feeding back to the teacher
For a full description of the role, see the job description and person specification.
Salary - £17,551 - £19,377 - FTE: £20,043 - £22,129
37 hours per week, 39 weeks per year
What the trust offers in return:
- Competitive local Government Pension Scheme
- Ride to Work Scheme
- Market leading Personal Development and Training plans to further your career
- Access to Mental Health First Aid Programme
- 24 hours access to Employee Assistance Programme
We know just how important it is to think big and to help break those glass ceilings faced by young people today. Together we can encourage our pupils to step out from their comfort zones, build self-esteem and broaden their horizons.
Please read the supporting documentation carefully before completing our application and equal opportunities form.
We are an E-ACT academy and proud to be part of a community that includes over 18,000 pupils and over 2,400 teaching and non-teaching professionals across the country.
E-ACT is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people and vulnerable adults, and all appointments are subject to enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) checks and satisfactory references.
E-ACT is also committed to promoting equality, challenging discrimination and developing community cohesion. We welcome applications from all sections of the community .
Commitment to safeguarding
Upload additional documents
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
About E-ACT Royton and Crompton Academy
- School type
- Academy, ages 11 to 16
- Education phase
- View all Secondaryjobs
- School size
- 1113 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 11 to 16
- Ofsted report
- View Ofsted report (opens in new tab)
- Email address
- Phone number
In September 2019, E-Act Royton and Crompton Academy moved into a brand new, state of the art, learning complex to ensure we provide the very best outcomes for all our children. Our biggest priority is to ensure that through the best quality of education, outstanding teaching we provide the very best educational experiences and outcomes for all our students allowing everyone access to the curriculum and entitlements that they require in order to succeed in their chosen career pathways.
Similar jobs nearby
Educational Teaching Assistant x 4
All Saints Catholic College
Bradley Bar, Huddersfield, West Yorkshire, HD2 2JT
Teaching Assistant SEN Level 1
Matthews Lane, Manchester, M12 4GR
St Anne's Church of England Academy
Hollin Lane, Manchester, M24 6XN
Teaching Assistant - Fixed Term 12 months
Oakworth Road, Keighley, West Yorkshire, BD22 7DU
Get a job alert when similar jobs are listed
Find more school jobs in Oldham and Greater Manchester