- Job role
- Education support
SEND responsibilities (special educational needs and disabilities)
- Working pattern
- Part time
17.5 hours per week, Monday - Friday, 08.45 - 12.15
- Contract type
- Fixed term (Up to 2 years)
- Annual or full time equivalent (FTE) salary
- £18,562 - £20,092
- Actual salary
Are you a bright and experienced Teaching Assistant, confident in your ability to deliver effective speech, language & communication programmes?
We are seeking to appoint a Speech & Language Teaching Assistant to support pupils for 17.5 hours per week, Monday - Friday.
This is a newly created vacancy in our school in response to the growing number of children joining us who require support with Speech, Language and Communication development. The role will involve working with our established Speech and Language TA to implement work programmes for identified children, and assist in the planning, management and preparation of resources. We can offer you a friendly, supportive school and opportunities for professional development.
The successful candidate will:
• Be a confident, resilient and determined Speech, Language and Communication Teaching Assistant with previous experience in Speech & Language support.
• Have Makaton & PECS experience or be willing to undertake training in this area.
• Be empathetic and ensure the schools values underpin all that they do.
• Work closely with students, parents, and staff to unlock full potential.
• Use an exciting and innovative approach to learning, both on a 1:1 and group basis.
• Be flexible and confident to support across the school, including those who have additional needs.
This job post has expired.
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
- School type
- Academy, ages 2 to 11
- Education phase
- School size
- 366 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 2 to 11
About Ark Castledown Primary Academy
Ark Castledown is a popular school in the heart of Hastings. As part of the Ark schools’ network we are committed to making sure that every child has access to a great education and real choices in life. We know that great schools need great staff, which is why we offer you the very best training and support at every stage of your career.
If you have a passion for education, we can offer you support and challenge to develop further.
By joining the Ark schools’ network, you will gain access to an exclusive range of benefits including CPD, training and best-practice sharing opportunities, reduced gym membership and large retail discounts.
Arranging a visit to Ark Castledown Primary Academy
Interested in this exciting opportunity? Please contact Mrs Rowland on 01424 444046 or email@example.com to arrange an informal chat or a visit.