Teacher and SENCo job summary
Permanent KS1 or KS2 Class Teacher and SENCo (not suitable for ECTs) required for September 2022 (January 2023 also considered for the right applicant)
Full Time Post
Our school moto “SHINE” - STRIVE – HELP – INSPIRE – NURTURE - EXCEL
We are seeking to appoint a highly motivated, inspirational and experienced teacher to join our small teaching team as our SENCo at Brize Norton Primary.
This is an exciting opportunity for a teacher to become apart of the Senior Leadership team who will co-ordinate, develop and enhance the Special Needs provision around the school; co-ordinate interventions across the classes, ensuring the children with SEN make at least good progress socially and academically; and lead our highly skilled and dedicated team of Teaching Assistants with the support of the headteacher.
You will be a passionate and compassionate individual who will have a good understanding of the SEN Code of Practice and will either possess the National award for Special Needs Coordination or will be supported by the school to achieve it within three years of appointment. The role will also include a class-based teaching commitment.
We are looking for someone who:
• Is passionate about forming positive relationships with children, staff and parents
• Is an inspirational teacher who can motivate children of all abilities so that they make outstanding progress
• Can support teachers to develop and implement effective positive behaviour management approaches within their inclusive classrooms
• Can lead teachers, teaching assistants and support staff to improve pupil progress and attainment
• Can keep up to date with national and local policies related to SEN and cascade information to colleagues.
• Has a deep understanding of how children learn and can apply this knowledge to their practice
• Has high expectations of themselves and the children
• Is a team player who gets fully involved in the life of the school
• Can work effectively with other adults
• Can enable our children to SHINE
In return we can offer:
• A supportive and friendly staff team
• An attractive and purposeful learning environment, including spacious outside areas
• A supportive governing body
• Support and CPD opportunities provided by ODST (Academy Trust)
• A strong local partnership of schools working effectively together to enhance learning
• Positive relationships with children and their families
• Children who are keen to be challenged in their learning
More information about the school is available on our website www.brizeprimary.org Please contact the office by telephone 01993 842488 or email firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to visit the school. For further information about the role, please call 07590818504 to speak with Robyn Jones, the headteacher in post from September 2022.
All applications must be made using an ODST application form which can be found in our recruitment pack on our website along with full job description person specification and reference request format. Applications need to be submitted to email@example.com
Please note that CVs will not be accepted
ODST and Brize Norton Primary School are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post involves the type of work with children and young people that requires applicants to undertake a Disclosure and Barring Service check. The possession of a criminal record will not necessarily prevent an applicant from obtaining this post. All applicants are considered confidentially and according to the nature of the role and information disclosed.
Closing Date: 27th June 2022 at 12noon
Shortlisting: 27th June 2022
Formal interview: 30th June 2022
To include SEN allowance
Applying for the job
Please visit the ODST website to apply online or alternatively a paper copy of the application form is available from the school officeMore on how to apply (opens in a new tab)
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.