This job expired on 13 March 2023 – see similar jobs
Job start date
1 September 2023
13 March 2023 at 12pm (midday)
26 January 2023
- Key stage 1, Key stage 2, Key stage 3, Key stage 4, Key stage 5
- View all Full timejobs - SEN
Full-time equivalent salary
What skills and experience we're looking for
About this Role
We are looking to appoint a Teacher to join our dedicated and friendly team in school. The successful applicants should have a passion for working with special educational needs and disabilities, which include severe learning difficulties; physical difficulties; profound and multiple learning difficulties; severe autism and challenging behaviours. If you have the ability to see the 'whole' child (including Communication, Language & Interaction, Cognition & Learning, Self Help & Independence, Sensory & Physical and Social, Emotional & Mental Health Needs), and you are committed to the education of pupils with a wide range of learning and associated difficulties, we look forward to hearing from you.
ECT’s are welcome to apply but will be employed on a fixed term basis.
The Schools and the Trust
We are passionate that every child deserves the very best education. As a partnership we will: Improve outcomes, opportunities and life chances for children and young people, offer more / wider support for their families and share and develop staff expertise.
SAND Academies Trust is committed to Safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share the same commitment. As part of our Safe Recruitment Practice, we will need a completed application form before any offers, and all staff will require safeguarding/pre-employment checks which include an enhanced DBS, satisfactory health clearance and evidence of Right to Work in the UK.
What the school offers its staff
Why work for us?
By joining our team we can offer you:-
- Generous annual leave allowance (5.6 paid weeks) increasing after 5 years continuous service to 6.55 paid weeks
- Generous pension scheme (LGPS)
- access to an Employee Assistance Programme offering:
- 24/7 telephone support on family and personal issues and information on how to manage finances
- online services providing information, advice and articles for issues occurring in everyday life e.g. relationships, stress and health
- access to an Occupational Health Service offering a range of services including advice and support with returning to work after a long-term absence
- Continuing Professional Development (CPD): SAND take every employee’s career seriously and believe in realising their full potential through training, development and career opportunities.
- Annual appraisals: staff are invited to discuss their wellbeing at work and any concerns they may have or issues they may face at their annual appraisal, as well as informally throughout the year
- Annual flu jabs: to eligible staff
- Cycle to work scheme
- a culture which promotes a diverse and inclusive work environment
- we are conveniently located close to the M5 with good transport links
For more information about the role and to arrange a visit, please contact The Milestone School at www.themilestoneschool.co.uk. For more information about SAND Academies Trust and to download an application form and job description, please visit www.sandmat.uk/vacancies/. Please note that CVs are not accepted and applications received after the closing date will not be considered.
Completed application forms should be emailed to email@example.com quoting the post reference number in the subject line. The closing date and time for all applications is 12 noon on Thursday 1st December 2022 and the interviews will take place on Monday 12th December 2022.
About Battledown Centre for Children and Families
- School type
- Academy, ages 2 to 11
- School size
- 66 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 2 to 11
- Ofsted report
- View Ofsted report (opens in new tab)
- Email address
- Phone number
- 01452 874000
Similar jobs nearby
Beech Avenue, Swindon, Wiltshire, SN2 1JR
The Milestone School
Longford Lane, Gloucester, Gloucestershire, GL2 9EU
Get a job alert when similar jobs are listed
Find more school jobs in Cheltenham and Gloucestershire and Gloucester