Teacher, Suitable for NQTs
Main Scale UPS
Edmund Waller Primary School - Class Teacher
• a committed and caring teacher who is a positive role model for all?
• a reflective and creative practitioner who provides outstanding learning opportunities?
• able to create an inclusive classroom so that all children achieve their potential?
• able to innovate and share best practice in order to have a positive impact across the school?
• someone who works collegiately for the betterment of the school community?
We are looking to appoint two class teachers with a positive attitude, to join us in September 2021.
Edmund Waller Primary School is located in the Telegraph Hill area of New Cross, close to excellent transport links. The school serves a diverse and close-knit community. Children enjoy fantastic opportunities, both inside and outside the classroom. We are graded as a ‘Good’ school (Ofsted 2018). Our professional, cohesive team has a shared vision to deliver exciting and memorable learning. We provide a harmonious and happy environment where pupils and staff feel valued and listened to. Children’s learning and welfare is at the heart of everything we do. There are high expectations for all children delivered through a broad, rich and inclusive curriculum.
• children who are eager and receptive
• a creative environment with plenty of space for outdoor learning
• highly engaged parents and governors
• a supportive and approachable leadership team
• regular CPD and opportunities for career progression
Newly Qualified Teachers (NQTs) are very welcome to apply.
Visits are essential. Please contact the School Office for a Job Description, Person Specification and Application Form, and to arrange a visit or to discuss any aspects of the role. (Copies of the JD and Application Form can also be found on the school website.)
Please email your completed application form to: email@example.com
(Please note CVs will not be accepted.)
Interview and Closing Dates
The closing date for applications is Friday 30th April at 5pm. Interviews will take place the following week.
Edmund Waller Primary School is fully committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and is subject to a Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check. An enhanced disclosure and satisfactory references will be required for the successful candidate in accordance with Safeguarding Children and Safer Recruitment in Education legislation.
Equal Opportunities Statement
Edmund Waller Primary School is committed to equal opportunities both in the provision of its services and as an employer.
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.