- Job role
- Working pattern
- Contract type
- Fixed term (Maternity Cover)
- M2 to M4 (in December 2021)
Heworth CE Primary School are seeking to recruit a dedicated and enthusiastic teacher to teach in our Y3/4 class from December 2021. We are looking for an outstanding class teacher to cover a class whilst the teacher is on Maternity leave and who will help us in our aim to become a truly great school.
You must be flexible, adaptable, hardworking and have a good sense of humour. Please state curriculum strengths and experience in your application.
We can offer:
• Support from a committed, experienced and friendly staff team.
• The chance to enhance and develop your skills as a teacher through a wide range of professional development opportunities.
• Enthusiastic, engaged children and a committed and caring governing body.
• A great working environment where hardworking and dedicated staff work collaboratively as part of a creative team.
• Excellent opportunities for professional development within Pathfinder and more widely.
Heworth CE Primary School is an inspiring and caring place to work. We aim to help all our children to flourish because we believe that they are precious children of God.
This job post has expired.
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
- School type
- Academy, Church of England, ages 5 to 11
- Education phase
- School size
- 143 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 5 to 11
About Heworth Church of England Primary Academy
Heworth Primary School has been educating children from Heworth and the surrounding areas for over 100 years. It is a small Church of England primary school, located in the centre of Heworth village and within walking distance of the historic city of York.
We believe that every child is unique in the eyes of God, and we want to help them to flourish by giving them the best possible start to their education. We are committed to developing highly motivated, independent young people with a wide-ranging and
life-long love of learning.
We are proud to be a Church of England school and our four core Christian values of Forgiveness, Trust, Compassion and Endurance are woven through the life of the school. We use these values as a framework to help create a rich learning environment for all of our pupils, whatever their needs.
We think that the Christian ethos of our school provides our children with a safe and supportive environment in which they feel valued and cared for. Heworth is a small school, but we like to think that it has a big heart. With only 150 pupils from Reception to Year 6, and many of them living close by, Heworth has a distinct ‘family feel’, and we focus a lot of energy on nurturing those bonds both within the school and in the wider community.