Teacher - Humanities
This job expired on 20 March 2023 – see similar jobs
Job start date
1 September 2023
20 March 2023 at 9am
7 March 2023
- Key stage 3, Key stage 4
- View all Geographyjobs, View all Historyjobs, View all Humanitiesjobs, View all Religious educationjobs
- View all Full timejobs - Full time - Your hours of work shall be in accordance with the School Teachers' Terms and Conditions Document. Full time teachers are required to be available for work for up to 1265 hours of directed time over 195 days.
What skills and experience we're looking for
We are looking to recruit a Teacher of Humanities. The ideal candidate will be an energetic and positive professional who can combine their experience of and passion for the Humanities curriculum with the ability to inspire our students. You will be an enthusiastic classroom practitioner with the skills and determination to ensure exciting learning and outstanding academic progress for students of all abilities. This role is suitable for ECT’s.
We are looking for someone who:
- has high expectations of pupil progress.
- is passionate about education and developing a love of learning in students.
- has the skills to work collaboratively with the teaching team.
- can build positive relationships with pupils, staff and parents.
- is willing to embrace or bring new ideas to the Academy.
- has ambition combined with a commitment to developing their own skills.
What the school offers its staff
In return, we can offer brilliant development from experienced leaders and one of the most supportive staff cultures that you could hope to be part of. We are family oriented and recognise a life outside of work whilst being determined to do everything we can as professionals in support of our students. Individual and academy team ambition go hand in hand. LEAD Trust support and career development are a given.
The successful candidate will:
- be joining a strong and dynamic team of professionals.
- work in a school with high aspirations for all of its students and staff.
- be provided with excellent career opportunities.
Commitment to safeguarding
Upload additional documents
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
About Da Vinci Academy
- School type
- Academy, ages 11 to 16
- Education phase
- View all Secondaryjobs
- School size
- 666 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 11 to 16
- Ofsted report
- View Ofsted report (opens in new tab)
- School website
- Da Vinci Academy website (opens in new tab)
- Email address
- Phone number
- 01332 831515
“Leaders put pupils’ interests at the heart of all that they do” - Ofsted 2021 Having converted to academy status at the heart of the L.E.A.D. Academy Trust in May 2017, Da Vinci Academy is now a successful secondary school with around 700 students and an increasing school roll (oversubscribed in KS3 and also next year’s intake). In summer 2019, we were proud to be the most improved Progress 8 school in Derby and in October 2021, we were rated ‘good’ by Ofsted. A copy of the report can be found on our website. We are described as a ‘proudly inclusive school with a big heart and huge ambition’. A student-centred philosophy is supported by an unwavering commitment to the achievement of successful outcomes for each and every young person. “The school is inclusive and welcoming to all. Pupils feel valued and cared for.” Together with the L.E.A.D. Academy Trust, a strong and clear vision is in place - one team changing worlds. Our vision is achieved by supporting all to Aspire, Believe, Learn, Achieve. This is what we all firmly believe in and strive for at all times. The benefit of our close-knit academy community is a real team environment where people genuinely care for each other and where students and staff alike can really shine.
Arranging a visit to Da Vinci Academy
To arrange a visit and increase the chance of a successful application email email@example.com.
Similar jobs nearby
South Charnwood High School
Broad Lane, Markfield, Leicestershire, LE67 9TB
The Castle Rock School
Meadow Lane, Coalville, Leicestershire, LE67 4BR
The de Ferrers Academy
St Mary's Drive, Burton-on-Trent, Staffordshire, DE13 0LL
Derby Moor Spencer Academy
Moorway Lane, Derby, Derbyshire, DE23 2FS
Get a job alert when similar jobs are listed
Find more school jobs in Derby and Derbyshire and Derby