Teacher in charge of Computer Science
The Midland Academies Trust has the opportunity to invite a colleague interested in joining a knowledge focused trust to our teaching team by appointing a Teacher in charge of Computer Science for Hartshill School to start January 2020.
You will have heard about The Midland Academies Trust, where we believe that our staff are our greatest resource. Everything we do as a Trust has to fulfil the twin aims of accelerating student progress and reducing staff workload – if it doesn’t achieve both we simply don’t do it
We want it to be easy for our staff to help students achieve well and be prepared for a successful future. That’s why we continually review how we work and actively promote teachers as experts in their classrooms; provide a curriculum which is rich and deep in knowledge and work within a network of schools committed to using and sharing research led practice.
• Our students have clear classroom routines so no time is wasted
• Our teachers give whole class feedback, not individualised marking
• Our middle leaders focus on student learning, not data input
• Our senior leaders manage student conduct for our staff
• Our faculties plan and work together on shared approaches
• Our five year curriculum is highly ambitious and knowledge-led
• Our staff are valued as professional experts in their field
• Our Trust sets time for collaboration and learning from experts
• Our annual calendar of meetings and events are released before the start of the academic year
• Our five year, knowledge-rich curriculum features common examination boards across all schools
We love curriculum
We love young people
We work for social justice
We care for each other
Please complete the application form and return to email@example.com
If you would like an informal chat or to visit our school so that you can see for yourself the excellent opportunities available, please contact the PA to the Principal, telephone 02476 392237
We are committed to safeguarding the welfare of our students. The successful candidate will therefore be required to completed an enhanced DBS.
The Midland Academies Trust (MAT) is an independent charitable organisation established by North Warwickshire & South Leicestershire College.
Essential educational requirements
Degree in relevant subject specialism
Degree with 2.1 or first class honours
Essential skills and experience
• Relevant professional and subject pedagogy
• Expected level of practice and professional responsibilities as defined by the Teacher Standards
About Hartshill School
- Church Road, Nuneaton, Warwickshire, CV10 0NA
- Hartshill School website (opens in a new window)