You will be working predominantly at First Base Bury St Edmunds Academy however all staff work across all settings and you will need to be mobile.
The academies provide education for young learners who are unable to access mainstream education for medical or behavioural reasons.
You will be an outstanding classroom practitioner who consistently demonstrates the highest standards of delivery, is fully committed to raising attainment across all key stages and acutely aware of the strategies required to achieve the highest standards within your subject area.
You will be a teacher who has previous experience teaching pupils with SEN and ideally SEMH.
We can offer you the opportunity to be part of a highly effective learning team and continued professional development.
You will be required:
• To promote the ethos and values of the Trust
. • To act as a role model for both students and staff.
• To deliver lessons which are tailored to suit and meet the needs of each student, using varied and creative means to facilitate learning.
• To assess and record students’ progress and provide quality feedback to support their improvement
. • To prepare and maintain accurate records, using school systems and established procedures/protocols
. • To contribute to progress reports to parents and carers.
• To attend consultation sessions with parents and carers, providing quality information about students’ academic, personal, social and emotional progress.
• To collaborate and liaise with the Trust’s Pastoral Managers and SENCos. to ensure a ‘joined up’ approach to students’ academic and pastoral experience.
• To contribute to the development of an appropriate curriculum within the Trust’s curriculum policy and the National Curriculum.
• To liaise with colleagues and the Senior Leadership Team in order to monitor and develop curriculum in line with local needs and needs of students.
• To be responsible for the planning and production of schemes of work within the guidelines of National Curriculum.
• To attend Teaching and Learning and staff meetings within directed time.
• To maintain a tidy and orderly classroom which provides a safe, nurturing environment and promotes active learning.
Access to personal transport is essential.
Visits from potential applicants are welcomed.
If you're interested in teaching or training to teach in England as an international citizen, we can help you understand your next steps
This school accepts applications through their own website, where you may also find more information about this job.
Skilled worker visa sponsorship is not available for this job.