This job expired on 17 February 2023 – see similar jobs
Job start date
17 April 2023
17 February 2023 at 12pm (midday)
3 February 2023
- Key stage 1, Key stage 2
- View all Full timejobs - Full-time teachers work Monday-Friday, typically within school by 8.15am until at least 4.30pm
- View all Part timejobs - (part-time would be considered if another suitable candidate was able to complement the part-time working hours)
What skills and experience we're looking for
We are looking for good and outstanding classroom practitioners within Key Stage One and Two. However, we do ask that staff who apply are flexible in where they teach, particularly as the academy grows. We want staff who want to try something different and not be compound to one year-group for their teaching lives!
We want someone who has:
- The motivation to achieve the very best for the children in our care and be relentless in the pursuit of excellence - Excellent inter-personal skills - Experience as an effective good and outstanding classroom teacher - Excellent communication skills and a good sense of humour
- Good organisational skills
- Creativity which drives all aspects of teaching and learning.
What the school offers its staff
In return we can offer:
- A firm commitment to you and your professional development - Friendly, supportive, enthusiastic and hardworking colleagues, staff and Governors - A growing learning community - Encouragement to develop new ideas and the opportunity to make a real difference
- Coaching and mentoring from the academy’s experienced Leadership Team
- Fantastic trust-wide CPD opportunities
- Vast opportunities for career progression
Further details about the role
The role of the Class Teacher is central to the success of Green Ridge and is a position which has a direct impact on the outstanding learning opportunities provided to the pupils.
All the Class Teachers at Green Ridge are line-managed by the Assistant Headteacher or Phase Leader for their phase. Class Teachers are responsible for the day-to-day teaching and learning provision for all children in their class, including those with Special Educational Needs, English as an Additional Language, those more-able learners and those eligible for the Pupil Premium Grant. You will receive coaching and mentoring from experienced leaders in the academy to ensure that you are supported in all aspects of what you do.
Therefore, we welcome applications from experienced teachers as well as those Early Careers Teachers (ECTs). There may be opportunities for additional leadership responsibilities and a Teaching and Learning Responsibility payment, for an exceptional candidate, based on their experience and skills. Applicants should state in their application if they feel they could offer additional leadership experience and skills for this.
All teachers will receive 10% Planning, Preparation and Assessment (PPA) time each week, in addition to release time for ECTs or Subject Leadership. Whatever your teaching background, we would love to hear from you
Commitment to safeguarding
Upload additional documents
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
About Green Ridge Primary Academy
- School type
- Free School, ages 2 to 11
- Education phase
- View all Primaryjobs
- School size
- 406 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 2 to 11
- Ofsted report
- View Ofsted report (opens in new tab)
- School website
- Green Ridge Primary Academy website (opens in new tab)
- Email address
- Phone number
- 01296 326320
Green Ridge is brand-new, state of the art academy on Berryfields Estate, Aylesbury, Buckinghamshire, which was built with an initial capacity of 420 children. We opened initially in September 2017 in temporary accommodation on the school site, and then moved into our new, permanent building in September 2018. We also have our own nursery, Little Ridges, which takes children from aged two onward, for both funded and paid sessions.
Arranging a visit to Green Ridge Primary Academy
To arrange a visit and increase the chance of a successful application email email@example.com.
Similar jobs nearby
Juniper Hill School
Churchill Close, High Wycombe, Buckinghamshire, HP10 9LA
St John's Primary School
St John's Road, Wallingford, Oxfordshire, OX10 9AG
****Teacher**** - in our lovely school
St Monica's Catholic Primary School
Currier Drive, Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire, MK14 6HB
Crosslands, Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire, MK14 6AX
Get a job alert when similar jobs are listed
Find more school jobs in Buckinghamshire and Milton Keynes