Teacher (KS1 or KS2) Temporary one year in the first instance
Are you an inspirational and dynamic experienced teacher who would like to become part of our lovely school team? Our children are delightful and deserve the best opportunities to learn. You will have an appreciation of our Catholic Ethos and how to contribute towards it. Our staffroom is full of fun and laughter and as part of the St Thomas Aquinas Catholic Academy Trust, we will offer the successful applicant a welcoming and supportive team where everyone is committed to staff development and raising standards for all in an enjoyable and purposeful environment. This post is not suitable for NQTs.
You will need to be committed to children’s learning; have high aspirations, drive and ambition and work collaboratively with all stakeholders.
We warmly encourage applicants to visit our school. Please contact the school office to arrange an appointment. Our telephone number is 01858465359.
Application packs are available from the school website:
Closing Date: 10am Tuesday 25th February 2020
Interviews: Tuesday 3rd March 2020
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is subject to an enhanced DBS (Disclosure & Barring Service) check.
Essential educational requirements
Evidence of continuing professional development
Essential skills and experience
• Has a thorough understanding of Safeguarding in school
• Is an effective team member
• Is able to plan sequences of lessons that are motivating and meet the needs of all learners
• Has a clear understanding of the key principles of effective teaching and learning
• Has very good ICT skills
• Has developed a good range of strategies for managing a range of challenging behaviours
• Has developed a good range of skills and knowledge of Assessment for Learning
• Has good organisational skills and is able to prioritise tasks effectively
• Demonstrates effective communication and presentational skills
• Able to establish and maintain effective professional relationships within school and the wider community
About St Joseph's Catholic Voluntary Academy
- Coventry Road, Market Harborough, Leicestershire, LE16 9BZ
- St Joseph's Catholic Voluntary Academy website (opens in a new window)