Due to success and additional demand here at Castle Academy, we are looking for a passionate and innovative Year Two Teacher to join our hard working, diverse and dedicated team on a one year fixed term maternity contract . This is a crucial role to ensure students can access learning, fulfil their potential, and take part in all aspects of school life
The successful candidate will:
· Be responsible for the learning and achievement of all pupils in the class, promoting inclusion and ensuring equality of opportunity for all
· Be responsible and accountable for achieving the highest possible standards in work and conduct • Treat pupils with dignity, building relationships rooted in mutual respect, and at all times observing proper boundaries appropriate to a teacher’s professional position
· Work proactively and effectively in collaboration and partnership with learners, parents/carers, governors, other staff and external agencies in the best interests of pupils
· Act within, the statutory frameworks, which set out their professional duties and responsibilities and in line with the duties outlined in the current School Teachers Pay and Conditions Document and Teacher Standards (2012)
· Take responsibility for promoting and safeguarding the welfare of children and young people within the school • Be responsible for the development of an identified area of curriculum or school improvement as and when required
Why work for Castle Academy:
· Friendly colleagues who are always happy to help each other.
· All staff are proud to be part of the school and feel supported by the open door policy of Senior Leadership who genuinely want to see you succeed and thrive.
· Excellent opportunities for ongoing professional development with cross trust support and training catered to support your individual career.
· Staff wellbeing is at the forefront of the school’s priorities. Happy staff make a happy school.
Castle Academy is a vibrant, multi-cultural school in the heart of Northampton. It offers excellent learning and enrichment opportunities for pupils aged 4 to 11.
We currently have over 400 pupils on roll. The pupils relish their learning and are proud of their school and their achievements. Our staff team is committed to supporting and developing the welfare and growth of both pupils and colleagues. successful candidate will be committed to our values and encourage our hard-working pupils to achieve and behave at the very highest levels, preparing them for transition into secondary school and beyond. We were recently accredited with a Good Ofsted report and would love you to join us in our journey to Outstanding.
We are part of the East Midlands Academy Trust (EMAT) which provides effective support for staff and pupils. EMAT was incorporated in July 2012 for the purpose of establishing, maintaining, managing and developing academies and free schools as world class centres of excellence. EMAT’s vision is that every child deserves to be the best they can be with schools that are centres of excellence for leadership, teaching and learning and where pupils are safe and engaged in their learning. Castle Academy continues to make an important contribution to the Trust.
By working for our Trust, you’ll be able to take advantage of a wealth of professional development and support opportunities, as well as a range of employee benefits.
· Continuous professional development and training opportunities
· Dedicated support from our school improvement team
· Career and leadership opportunities within our growing family of schools
· A Trust employee forum with representatives from across the organisation
· A confidential 24-hour Employee Assistance Programme
· Childcare vouchers scheme
· A corporate eye care plan
· Flu jabs for all staff
· Cycle to work scheme
For more information please contact email firstname.lastname@example.org
A Note for Recruitment Agencies
We have a team of internal recruiters and we advertise our vacancies to attract candidates and not agency suppliers. If we need agency assistance then we will reach out to our trusted partners. Any speculative CVs we receive will not be accepted as an introduction.
EMAT reserve the right to withdraw this advert early if a suitable candidate is found.
EMAT is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Applicants will be required to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS). References will be taken up before interviews are offered
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment or age.
This school accepts applications through their own website, where you may also find more information about this job.
Skilled worker visa sponsorship is not available for this job.