QEGSMAT are seeking to appoint an enthusiastic English Teacher (Maternity Cover) to join our passionate and high achieving team at Chellaston Academy, QEGSMAT.
At Chellaston Academy, QEGSMAT our vision is to ‘Inspire each other to realise our potential through Integrity, Care, and Excellence'. In September 2023 Chellaston Academy was rated as ‘GOOD’ by Ofsted. “The school’s ICE (integrity, care and excellence) values permeate the school’s work, and pupils also know that the high expectations that staff have help them to achieve academically and personally.” “The school has devised a curriculum that is both broad and ambitious, and there are high academic expectations of pupils.” In addition, “leaders have engaged staff well when making large-scale changes to improve the school. Staff feel that leaders are considerate of their workload and well-being. They are proud to work at this school.”
As a department of 17 we work collaboratively and ensure that support is always provided for both staff and students alike. The leadership in the department contributes to staff feeling secure and the plethora of knowledge from a large team enables us to maintain high expectations and standards.
Chellaston is a proud member of QEGSMAT. The Trust’s values are for students to ‘Question, Explore; Give; and Succeed’. Our exceptional staff, strong leadership, motivated children, as well as excellent facilities, provide the successful formula for this.
At QEGSMAT we believe and promote that exceptional workforce creates exceptional workforce creates exceptional results; they transform lives and transform futures. We support every pupil to achieve their full potential and become a confident, resilient, and compassionate individual who can make a positive contribution to society.
Why work for us?
- At QEGSMAT, we value the hard work and dedication of our team members, and as such we believe that progression should be a simple process. That's why we are proud to offer an Automatic Pay Review program, rather than the traditional annual pay and performance review, as part of our comprehensive benefits package.
- Continual access to CPD opportunities. QEGSMAT works with a large number of organisations to develop staff to fulfil their aspirations and potential. We are committed to providing first-rate training and development to all our staff within this evolving Trust.
- We are committed to promoting equality, challenging discrimination, and developing community cohesion. We welcome applications from all sections of the community
- All staff have access to our Employee Assistance Programme which provides confidential, independent and unbiased information and guidance 24/7. This can also include bespoke counselling sessions for staff if needed.
- All roles are subject to nationally agreed terms and conditions of service.
- Access to the Local Government Pension Scheme (LGPS) with employer contributions of 23.68% for Teachers.
- Family-friendly policies
- Access to Flu Vaccines
- Opportunity to work flexibly
QEGSMAT is also committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. It is a criminal offence to engage or seek to engage in regulated activity or regulated work with children, if you appear on the DBS barred list.
All appointments are subject to an enhanced DBS check and be eligible to work in the UK.
Further information about our commitment to Safeguarding can be found: https://www.qegsmat.com/documents/safeguarding
Please be aware, the Trust may also consider performing an online presence check as part of their pre-employment checks.
If you are interested and wish to have an informal conversation to discuss the role or would like to visit the school, we would be happy to arrange this. Please call 01332 702502. Further details about our school can be found on our website: www.chellaston.derby.sch.uk
If you're interested in teaching or training to teach in England as an international citizen, we can help you understand your next steps
This school accepts applications through their own website, where you may also find more information about this job.
Visas cannot be sponsored.