|Job role||Suitable for NQTs|
|Working pattern||Full-time only|
|Salary||Main pay range 1 to Main pay range 6, £24,373 to £35,971|
We seek to appoint a Teacher of Computer Studies. The ideal candidate will be an inspirational classroom practitioner who is organised and innovative and has a passion to improve learning for all students. They will be able to teach ICT and Computing across a range of abilities and disciplines. The ability to teach a second subject may be an advantage.
• To plan and prepare lessons to a high standard, using a variety of delivery methods which will stimulate student learning (appropriate to needs and demands of specifications taught).
• To set and mark work, including homework in accordance with the school Marking and Feedback Policy.
• To be fully involved in the monitoring process.
• To encourage a learning experience which provides all students with the opportunity to achieve their individual potential.
• To assess, record and report on students’ progress and attainment, maintaining accurate and appropriate records.
• To prepare students for examinations, internal and external, including assessment and recording of accurate data.
• To carry out appropriate administrative tasks
• To ensure that ICT, Literacy, Numeracy and SMSC are reflected in the teaching/learning of students.
• To manage behaviour appropriately in line with the School Behaviour Policy.
• To have high expectations from all students.
Essential educational requirements
Essential skills and experience
Experience of teaching GCSE in specialist subject
Teach intervention groups at KS3 and KS4
Good organisational skills
Effective planning and teaching
Effective behaviour/classroom management
An ability to demand high expectations
Ability to work independently and be a team player
Ability to enthuse and direct students and staff towards raising expectations and levels of achievement
The ability to meet deadlines
Good ICT Skills
The well-being of our staff is a high priority. All staff at The Deanes have access to high quality training to further develop their teaching practice. Staff can take advantage of free gym membership and we are fortunate to have an onsite children’s nursery which may be able to accommodate your childcare needs. There is ample car parking on site and we are well situated in South East Essex, with good links to public transport, within ten minutes of Benfleet and Rayleigh Rail Stations, where a 45 minute train journey will take you into London.More on how to apply
|School size||513 pupils enrolled|
|Age range||11 to 16|
|Ofsted report||View Ofsted report|
About The Deanes
Daws Heath Road, Benfleet, Essex, SS7 2TD