The ideal candidate will:
• be a well-qualified Psychology and Criminology teacher with a record of planning and delivering
lessons that are engaging challenging and enjoyable to pupils of all ability levels.
• have a PGCE qualification and QTS.
• be a proficient ICT user to enhance their teaching.
• have the ability to teach pupils throughout KS3 & KS4 and KS5.
• be able to inspire and make positive relationships with students to encourage great learning.
• have an excellent understanding of the components that compromise outstanding teaching and
• have evidence of supporting students to reach their full potential.
• be a resilient character with a strong personal drive.
• contribute to teamwork within the Faculty and the school as a whole.
• have high expectations and commitment to the wider life of the school.
As a member of an innovative and forward-looking faculty, you would be encouraged to gain a wide
range of experience to support your own professional development.
We can offer you:
• the opportunity to work in one of the highest performing schools in Cheshire East and an Ofsted
rated ‘Good’ school at our last inspection in January 2023.
• a pleasant, working environment in well maintained and equipped classrooms on a mature campus in
the heart of Alsager in rural Cheshire East.
• to work alongside a collaborative, forward thinking Head and Senior Leadership Team whose priority
is to support and develop you.
• a dedicated, hardworking and supportive Humanities team all passionate about their subject.
• friendly and highly motivated students who are keen to learn and take pride in their achievements.
• a comprehensive induction programme when joining the school as an ECT, including your own
• an outstanding professional development programme with the opportunity to share best practice
within your own faculty and with staff from other specialisms.
• a laptop to use whilst in employment.
• a large, modern and comfortable communal staff room to relax in during your breaks.
• employee of the week scheme.
• part of the Cheshire Teaching School Hub.
• superb on-site catering at very competitive prices.
• complementary ‘breakfast sandwiches’ each month on pay day.
• reduced staff rate membership of £13 per month for state of the art gym facilities, including a
swimming pool for on-site Leisure Centre Fitness Suite.
• free on-site parking.
• good road/rail links with access to Manchester city centre and the airport in under an hour.
• children of staff who have worked at the school for two or more years are counted as part of our
over subscription criteria.
Alsager School is committed to promoting and safeguarding the welfare of all students and expects all staff to share this commitment.
This job post has expired.