Teacher, Suitable for NQTs
Art and design
£26,948 - £42,780 (MPS/UPR)
Who we are:
Ashcombe is highly sought-after, with very high levels of interest for September 2021. This is due to a wide range of factors including its facilities, academic results, standards of teaching, pastoral care, the wide range of trips and extra-curricular activities and the resultant attitudes of its pupils. In our 2020 ‘Investors in People’ Report, our staff said:
“It is a great place to work, and I can see all the things that are happening – it’s all positive”
What we offer:
• An Art department that is well managed and very successful. It is well resourced with 3 multi-media studios and a separate area for A-Level Students
• A supportive climate in which there is much cooperation, resulting in detailed schemes of work and excellent resources
• Courses run for both GCSE and A level students
• Opportunity to teach A Level Photography
• An excellent NQT programme – with salary backdated to 1st August
• Regular professional development opportunities
• Day nursery on site with preferential rates for staff
• On-site parking
• Close to A25, M25 and local train stations
What we’re looking for:
• A person who is passionate about Art and will inspire creativity within our students
• An ability to deliver the curriculum to a high standard
• An open minded approach to expanding and encouraging knowledge growth in students of all abilities
• A team player who will settle quickly into the team
What Ofsted say:
“Pupils’ attitudes towards learning are very positive. Pupils are attentive and responsive in equal measure in lessons. As a result, there is a very harmonious learning atmosphere"
How to apply:
Click the ‘Quick apply’ button below to complete an application form.
Applications must be submitted by 29th January 2021. Please note, we may interview as applications are received. Shortlisted candidates will be contacted shortly after the closing date.
Whatever the outcome of your application we thank you for the interest you have shown and wish you well in your future career.
An Excellent NQT Programme
Regular professional development opportunities
Day Nursery on site (preferential rates for staff)
Applying for the job
Please follow the link to the Schools website to apply.More on how to apply
1437 pupils enrolled
11 to 18
About The Ashcombe School
The Ashcombe School is a mixed comprehensive school for pupils of all abilities between the ages of 11 and 18 based in Dorking, Surrey. There are approximately 1,450 pupils on roll at Ashcombe (including around 250 in the Sixth Form) and 150 members of staff.
The school is highly sought-after and is over subscribed for September 2021. This is due to a wide range of factors including its facilities, academic results, standards of teaching, pastoral care, the wide range of trips and extra-curricular activities and the resultant attitudes of its pupils. In its January 2019 visit, Ofsted commented that “Pupils’ attitudes towards learning are very positive. Pupils are attentive and responsive in equal measure in lessons. As a result, there is a very harmonious learning atmosphere".
Arranging a visit to The Ashcombe School
Not applicable due to current circumstances (COVID-19)