Teacher of Art and Design
Duties and Responsibilities: General Aims and Ethos :
1. To assist the Curriculum Area Leader of Design in ensuring that the school’s aims are realised in all aspects of its life and particularly in relation to the curriculum, teaching and learning, assessment practices and inclusion.
2. To contribute to the department’s improvement plan and its implementation.
3. To ensure equality of opportunity for all and promote high expectations for progress and attainment.
4. To maintain an up to date knowledge of current developments in education.
5. To develop strong, positive relationships with colleagues, students and parents.
6. To establish and maintain effective partnerships with the wider community, other schools and agencies.
7. To ensure that the school’s statutory safeguarding procedures are followed.
8. To lead by example in setting high professional standards.
9. To support the school monitoring procedures.
10. To use data to inform practice, identify underachieving students, implement targeted intervention and monitor progress.
11. To monitor student attendance and, as a Form Tutor to an assigned group of students, ensure that appropriate actions are taken to improve attendance and that school attendance procedures are adhered to.
Learning and Teaching :
1. To ensure a high quality learning experience for all students that provides challenge and will stimulate learning appropriate to student needs.
2. To assist or lead in the development of appropriate resources, schemes of work and teaching strategies in Art.
3. To assess, record and report on the progress, development, attainment and attendance of students and to keep records as required.
4. To ensure that assessment practices fulfil the requirements of external examination boards, departmental and school procedures.
5. To provide, or contribute to, oral and written assessments, reports and references relating to individual students and groups of students.
6. To ensure that parents and students are well-informed about the Art Curriculum, attainment and progress.
7. To monitor curriculum developments, initiatives and research to ensure that teaching and learning approaches are at the forefront of effective practice.
Essential educational requirements
A good honours degree
Essential skills and experience
Experience of teaching KS3/4 Art
A successful record of:
• demonstrating high standards of teaching
• making a significant impact upon students’ learning and progress
• experience of tracking, monitoring and assessing students to support progression for all learners
Able to demonstrate s/he can:
• plan, deliver and assess to support progression for all learners
• understand the structure and content of the current curriculum in Key Stages 3 and 4
• work on her/his own initiative and be part of a team
• deliver differentiated lessons to ensure challenge for all students
• see tasks, plans and ideas through to completion
• be a reflective practitioner
• motivate and enthuse young people
• develop specialist skills and knowledge
• communicate effectively, verbally and in writing
• use ICT solutions effectively and with confidence
About Hasland Hall Community School
We are very proud of our students, our staff and the partnerships we have developed with parents, our primary schools and the community. We firmly believe that the commitment to meeting students’ individual needs and achieving success is a shared responsibility. We are unmoving in our belief in young people’s capacity to achieve, promoting and building on the optimism and hope that every parent feels for the next generation, seeking continuous improvement and ensuring that parents and the wider community accompany us on the journey. Our purposeful, ordered environment and the enriching nature of the learning, where students have the opportunity to discover, analyse, create and reflect, enables student to flourish and achieve their best. We are excited by what the future holds for Hasland Hall Community School and welcome students, parents and the community to join us as we share our aspirations, values and success.
- Broomfield Avenue, Chesterfield, Derbyshire, S41 0LP
- LA Maintained School
- Hasland Hall Community School website (opens in a new window)