Teacher of Art and DT
Thomas Deacon Academy, Peterborough, Cambridgeshire, PE1 2UW
This job expired on 18 May 2022
Expected start date
1 September 2022
18 May 2022 at 11:59pm
4 May 2022
About Thomas Deacon Academy
- School type
- Academy, ages 7 to 19
- Education phase
- View all Primaryjobs, View all Middlejobs, View all Secondaryjobs, View all 16-19jobs
- School size
- 2382 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 7 to 19
- Ofsted report
- View Ofsted report (opens in a new tab)
- School website
- Thomas Deacon Academy website (opens in a new tab)
- Contact email
TD Education Trust is a charitable organisation dedicated to raising educational outcomes across a range of primary and secondary phase schools and academies in the East Midlands. As a newly formed multi-academy trust we strive to provide outstanding teaching and learning for all and an ethos and culture that encourages everyone to be the very best that they can be.
We put learners, and their learning, at the heart of everything we do.
Thomas Deacon Academy
Trust: we are honest
Discipline: we never give up
Aspiration: we want the very best
Thomas Deacon Academy was one of the first Academies to be created and continues to thrive through our core values of Trust, Discipline and Aspiration. As we enter the exciting new phase of our future we continue to offer an aspirational learning environment for students from the ages of 7 to 18 years old. Our modern facilities, TDA Junior, Sixth Form Study Centre and 43 acre campus allow us to provide the ultimate in educational choice.
Thomas Deacon Academy are looking to appoint a highly motivated, inspiring teacher who has a passion for teaching DT and Art and will be able to motivate, enthuse, excite and challenge students to produce high quality work.
The department is extremely supportive of each other and is led by fantastic practitioners who are forward-thinking, innovative and motivated to ensure all students achieve well and develop an enjoyment of the subject. Being part of Thomas Deacon Education Trust there will be a wide range of opportunities to grow and develop within the department, Academy and Trust wide.
• Be a passionate and dynamic teacher.
• Be enthusiastic about helping young people to succeed.
• Have the ability to form strong professional relationships with young people.
• Have high expectations for the behaviour and academic progress of young people.
• Be ambitious and have the energy and creativity to make a significant contribution to the whole academy.
The Trust offers:
• excellent salary package.
• fantastic training/CPD opportunities in a friendly supportive environment.
• opportunity for progression across Thomas Deacon Education Trust.
• use of Academy facilities (including a gym and onsite car parking).
• Local Government pension scheme.
• An engaging, creative and welcoming environment to learners who take pride in their school.
• An inclusive and collaborative approach.
• A talented, highly motivated, committed and professional team of colleagues, both within the school and across the trust.
• An actively supportive Local Governing Body and Trust leadership.
Thomas Deacon Education Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The Academy will require the successful candidate to provide satisfactory references and undertake an Enhanced Check with the Disclosure and Barring Service.
If you have any questions regarding this post please contact the HR Team on e-mail email@example.com.
Similar jobs nearby
Get a job alert when similar jobs are listed