The Art Department requires an enthusiastic Art and Photography teacher with excellent aspirations and classroom management skills. You will have the ability to teach KS3 Art and, crucially, also be able to teach GCSE Photography and A Level Photography. We use digital photography, so an ability to use Photoshop Elements is essential. We have a long-standing record of supporting our GCSE students to make excellent progress (In 2022 GCSE Art & GCSE Photography were among the top four performing subject areas in the school, attaining FFT20 results for their students). We also have a respectable record of results at A Level Art and Photography.
You will be joining a small but experienced, motivated and supportive team, who regularly share ideas and resources and are committed to achieving excellence for our students, instilling them with a passion for Art & Design and Photography.
The department is situated in a brand new building with purpose built art rooms and a dedicated Art IT suite and the department has well developed projects that we regularly refine to suit our developing interests and the needs of the students. This is an exciting opportunity to inspire students to become creative individuals and express themselves through a range of media.
Can you offer the following to the students and teachers of Hailsham Community College Academy Trust:
- Values-driven excellent teaching
- A real passion for learning
- Tenacity to drive and improve the outcomes of all students
- Excellent ability to teach at KS3, KS4 and KS5.
As a valued member of our team at Hailsham Community College Academy Trust we can offer you:
- An excellent and highly supportive Senior Leadership Team / Middle Leadership Team and pastoral team
- An excellent commitment to your continued professional development at whatever career stage you’re at!
- An excellent school which is committed to consistency of student experience and sustained improvement
- The opportunity to join our Corporate Membership to Benenden Health Care and Cycle to Work Scheme
The Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Successful applicants will need to undertake a DBS enhanced clearance for this Academy. We are also required by law to ensure that any prospective employee is legally entitled to live and work in the UK. You will be required to provide documentation as evidence. Other conditions of employment may apply. We are committed to equality of opportunity and positively welcome applications form all sections of the community.
Please download the application form using the link below, and once completed send to firstname.lastname@example.org