Middlesbrough, Cleveland, TS3 8RE
Salary: MPR (M1-M6)+ AET Wellbeing Cash Plan + Car Scheme + Pension Scheme (TPS) + Additional AET Benefits
Start Date: Feb 2024 or ASAP
Unity City Academy is a successful and growing provider of 11 to 16 education in the east end of Middlesbrough. The Academy has recently achieved an Ofsted "Good" rating in all categories and has over 900 students on roll, 64% of whom are pupil premium. UCA is part of AET which in turn means we have access to a wide range of training and educational opportunities.
Unity City Academy has an incredibly passionate staff body that strives to ensure that children do not just achieve academic excellence but that our students are worldwise, cultured and proud of their individuality.
We are looking for a Teacher of Art and Technology who is really passionate about helping our students succeed and grow as individuals.
* You will be creative and innovative, with a proven track record of challenging the brightest students academically.
* This is a perfect role for candidates who want to gain further middle leadership experience.
* You will contribute towards the continued development of Art within the academy. Your teaching will be of high quality and your results will reflect the high calibre of your teaching.
* You must have a commitment to teaching and learning and continued professional development. You will have the passion to be part of a successful teaching environment which produces the best from students.
As part of the UCA family you will have:
* A huge amount of job satisfaction working with the local community to best support young people in the school;
* Access to training and personal development packages such as the opportunity to complete a wide variety of NPQs;
* A robust CPD schedule which has different tiers depending upon your need and position within the academy and based upon the core principles of learning.
* The ability for career progression in a growing Academy;
* The opportunity to be brave and creative in well-resourced classrooms;
* The chance to work in an Academy which strives to be at the centre of its local community, providing the highest standards of education and a strong desire for every child to succeed;
Access to Employee Benefits package which includes:
healthcare scheme, BHSF, along with the Teachers' Pension and Local Government Pension scheme. Employees have also had access to the government approved Child Care Voucher Scheme through Sodexo (if eligible).
Healthier employees and healthier families:
* Cycle to work scheme
* Online bike scheme
* Travel and leisure scheme
* Vivup Employee Assistance Programme
* Gym membership
* Affordable loan schemes
* Discount scheme - access the best deals from the UK's major retailers, supermarkets, dining out, leisure activities and much more
* Financial advice
* Home electronics and mobile phone scheme
If you think Unity City Academy is the place for you and your career to develop, please contact us for more information, to arrange a tour or to visit:
Unity City Academy has six maxims which drives our vision and aspirations. These are:
1 Excellence is a habit: high expectations and high performance;
2 Aim high: results without excuses;
3 Individuals matter: equality and diversity;
4 Community and family: people first;
5 Worldwise: citizens of tomorrow;
6 Culture: fun and fundamentals.
The role is due to commence: Feb 2024 or ASAP after this date
Closing date: 18th February 2024
Interviews are scheduled to take place as soon as possible after the closing date
We reserve the right to close this vacancy early should we receive an overwhelming response. All candidates are advised to refer to the job description and person specification before making an application.
In line with our safeguarding practices we are unable to accept CV's. For more info visit: https://aet.csod.com/ux/ats/careersite/1/home/requisition/4287?c=aet
We are committed to safeguarding and protecting the welfare of children and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. A Disclosure and Barring Service Certificate will be required for all posts. This post will be subject to enhanced checks as part of our Prevent Duty.
Academies Enterprise Trust embraces diversity and promotes equality of opportunity. Job share, part time and flexible working opportunities will be considered.
We are a Disability Confident Employer and there is a guaranteed interview scheme for candidates with disabilities who meet the minimum selection criteria.
Academies Enterprise Trust and all of our academies are committed to ensuring the highest levels of safeguarding and promoting the welfare of our pupils, and we expect all our staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We adopt a robust, fair and consistent recruitment process which is inline with Keeping Children Safe in Education guidance. This includes online checks for shortlisted candidates. All offers of employment are subject to an Enhanced DBS check, references, and where applicable, a prohibition from teaching check.
This job post has expired.