Teacher of Art
22 days remaining to apply
Job start date
1 September 2023
17 April 2023 at 5pm
6 March 2023
- Key stage 3, Key stage 4
- View all Art and designjobs
- View all Full timejobs - Monday - Friday
Full-time equivalent salary
- Between £28,000 - £43,685
What skills and experience we're looking for
- Qualified teacher status.
- Evidence of recent and relevant CPD.
- Relevant degree.
- Understanding of current trends in education both nationally and internationally.
- PGCE with Qualified Teacher Status (QTS).
- Evidence of successful teaching experience in a secondary school or equivalent.
- Teaching across KS3 and KS4.
- Teaching across the ability range.
- Participation within school wide systems e.g. assessment, CPD.
- Contact with parents or carers.
- Evidence of student achievement.
- Ability to teach Art
- Ability to become an ‘Outstanding’ classroom teacher (if not already).
- Able to inspire, challenge and motivate students.
- Ability to track student data and develop effective interventions.
- Anticipate problems, develop creative solutions within the context of the classroom.
- Set and achieve ambitious, challenging goals and targets for self.
- Listen to and reflect on feedback from others.
- High level of oral, written and ICT skills.
- Excellent presentation skills (eg speaking to large groups of pupils/parents/staff etc).
- Able to build and maintain positive relationships with individuals and groups.
- Prioritise, plan and organise self.
- Awareness of student progress and intervention strategies.
What the school offers its staff
- Weekly staff briefing updates.
- ECT Support and new staff meetings in the first year.
- Significant investment in your continuing professional development each year.
- Performance Management based progress through the teacher pay scales.
- A classroom fully equipped with interactive whiteboard.
- A team of dedicated Teaching & Learning ambassadors.
- An outstanding school with modern, state of the art facilities.
- Access to the Portsmouth City Council ‘My Rewards’ scheme
o Carplus– a salary sacrifice scheme where you offset some of your salary each month in exchange for a brand new, fully maintained car – and can save you money on tax and national insurance.
o Cycle scheme– a salary sacrifice scheme where you offset some of your salary each month in exchange for a brand new bicycle – and can save you money on tax and national insurance.
o AVC Wise– a salary sacrafice shared cost additional voluntary contributions scheme which offers additional savings to standard AVCs – and saves you money on national insurance contributions and income tax.
o Discountson a wide range of goods and services – access a range of discounts and offers from thousands of restaurants, shops and more.
o Salary finance– offering simple savings, access to salary as it is earned, and affordable loans – all underpinned by accessible, engaging financial education.
o Travel loans– purchase an annual First bus, Stagecoach, Hover travel, Gosport or Wightlink ferry pass via ten monthly deductions from your net salary
o Monthly offers and competitions.
- Regular Department, Year Group and Staff meetings.
New staff are given training and induction.
Further details about the role
school is looking to appoint a dynamic, innovative and successful Art Teacher
to join the art department, to start in September 2023. You will have a key role in teaching Art to
GCSE level and will enjoy the support of an effective group of
colleagues in a school committed to achieving the highest standards. Philosophy
is also an option which could be taught by the right candidate. This role is full
We aim to provide a stimulating and comfortable learning environment that encourages students to take risks, discover artistic strengths and express themselves visually with confidence and individuality. We equip students with a broad range of practical artistic skills necessary for them to be independent and solve their own challenges.
If you think you have the passion and drive to help us move forward with this role and have experience of teaching Key Stage 3 & 4 Art to all abilities then we look forward to hearing from you.
Commitment to safeguarding
Applying for the job
Please download the application form using the link below, and once completed send to firstname.lastname@example.orgDownload an application form - 138 KB
Upload additional documents
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
About St Edmund's Catholic School
- School type
- Local authority maintained school, Roman Catholic, ages 11 to 16
- Education phase
- View all Secondaryjobs
- School size
- 1098 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 11 to 16
- Ofsted report
- View Ofsted report (opens in new tab)
- School website
- St Edmund's Catholic School website (opens in new tab)
- Email address
- Phone number
- 02392 892585
St Edmund’s is a popular Voluntary Aided secondary school in the heart of Portsmouth and serves a wide area. It is an Outstanding school (Ofsted 2022) serving a diverse population.
Similar jobs nearby
Amery Hill School
Amery Hill, Alton, Hampshire, GU34 2BZ
Teacher of Art and Design (Temporary)
Horndean Technology College
Barton Cross, Waterlooville, Hampshire, PO8 9PQ
Get a job alert when similar jobs are listed
Find more school jobs in Portsmouth and Hampshire