Teacher of Art (Maternity Cover)
We are seeking to appoint a well-qualified and enthusiastic Teacher of Art to join a strong Faculty Team in this high achieving and successful school. The VPA Faculty achieves high academic standards, delivers excellent results, challenges underachievement and is keen to extend the subject beyond the classroom. This is a maternity cover position (0.72 FTE) to commence January 2020.
Candidates for the vacancy should have the ability to teach Art at Key Stage 3 and Key Stage 4.
Essential educational requirements
Good relevant post-16 qualifications and a good relevant degree to enable teaching of Art at KS3 and KS4
Qualified Teacher Status
Essential skills and experience
• A passion for Art, keeping abreast of recent developments
• Willingness to develop Schemes of Learning through the sharing of good practice
• Ability to promote the study and value of Art by motivating students of all abilities
• Competence in monitoring and assessing progress and feeding back to students
• Ability to relate well to students setting clear and high expectations of behaviour, effort and achievement
• A professional approach to all aspects of the role
• Willingness to be involved in extra-curricular activities
• Ability to work in a way that promotes the safety and wellbeing of children and young people
About Tadcaster Grammar School
TGS is a great place to work and a fantastic place to come to school! TGS is not just another school; it is a thriving, successful and energetic community where all adults work with a common purpose; to ensure the very best for all our students.
- Toulston, Tadcaster, North Yorkshire, LS24 9NB
- Tadcaster Grammar School website (opens in a new window)