Teacher of Art - Maternity Cover
The Stourport High School and Sixth Form College, Stourport-on-Severn, Worcestershire
|Job role||Suitable for NQTs|
|Working pattern||Part-time only|
|Salary||Main pay range 1 to Upper pay range 3, £23,720 to £39,406 per year (full-time equivalent)|
• Undertake the duties of a teacher as specified by the most recent School Teachers’ Pay and Conditions Document (STPCD).
• Be a creative practitioner, working within a team to support the development of the academy's vision for educational excellence.
• Plan and prepare pupils’ work and lessons within the parameters laid down by the planning policy and academy schemes of work.
• Differentiate work so that the needs of all children are met.
• Provide guidance and advice to pupils on educational, social and moral matters.
• Be prepared to take responsibility for an extra-curricular activity.
• Keep the Principal informed of issues arising / affecting the staff and wider school community.
• Generate an atmosphere of focus, drive and high expectations within your classroom.
• Advise, support and hold to account, support staff in your team.
• Promote the agreed vision of the school.
• Be committed to raising standards of achievement.
• Provide a safe, welcoming, organised, creative and interesting learning environment.
• Be aware that each child has a right to equal opportunities and equal access to the curriculum.
• Implement all the policies agreed by the school.
• Maintain high expectations and insist the children always produce their best.
• Maintain good order and discipline among the pupils when they are in school and engaged in school activities elsewhere.
• Be sensitive to the linguistic, cultural and ethnic backgrounds of the children and show an awareness of gender and class issues.
• Work collaboratively with colleagues in a team, setting high professional standards.
• Take an active part in the life of the school.
• Keep notes on matters relating to your class including: interactions with parents and incidents involving children. Notes should be dated and key points outlined.
• Write and proof read end of year reports for your class, ensuring high standards of written English.
Evaluation, Assessment and Record Keeping
• Assess, record and report on the development, progress and attainment of pupils as defined in agreed policies.
• Communicate and consult with pupils, colleagues, parents/carers and outside agencies as appropriate.
• Mark work, providing regular feedback, according to the agreed Marking and Presentation Policy.
• Set regular ambitious yet achievable targets for the children.
• Participate in scheduled meetings, including a weekly team meeting.
• Participate in duty rosters, including taking assemblies, lunch and playtime duties.
• Participate in the school's arrangements for performance management and other professional development activities.
• Facilitate the training of students as required.
• Safeguard the health and safety of all children
Teaching & Learning Responsibilities
Teaching & Learning Responsibility (TLR) payments are awarded for sustained additional responsibility. TLR holders are expected to work collaboratively and flexibly with senior leaders to ensure the needs of the school and department are met and:
• Focussed on teaching and learning;
• Require the exercise of a teacher’s professional skills and judgement;
• Require the teacher to lead, manage and develop a subject or curriculum area; or to lead and manage pupil development across the curriculum;
Essential educational requirements
A good standard of education.
Subject relevant degree.
Essential skills and experience
Applications from NQT's welcome, in addition to experienced teachers.
|School size||1111 pupils enrolled|
|Age range||11 to 18|
|Ofsted report||View Ofsted report|
|Website||The Stourport High School and Sixth Form College website (opens in a new window)|
Minster Road, Stourport-on-Severn, Worcestershire, DY13 8AX