Teacher of Art job summaryNorth Leamington School (NLS) is a fantastic place to work and develop as a teacher. We’d love you to come and join us!
We are an oversubscribed school with an expanding Sixth Form and have sustained continuous improvement in order to secure fantastic outcomes for all of our students. Attainment and progress at KS4 and 5 are consistently above the national average. Our sixth form is currently in the top 3.5% of schools nationally. We are a highly valued driven school, defined by our core values of commitment, opportunity, respect and excellence for all and in all that we do.
North Leamington School has a strong team spirit and a passion for creating an inclusive learning environment, which enables all students to exceed expectations. We promote exemplary relationships at all levels, and strive for outstanding outcomes. All staff and students are valued highly. We have a first class commitment to developing individuals and working with others to reach their full potential; our personalised CPD programme is second to none. Emphasis on staff wellbeing is an integral part of our ethos, offering several schemes and we provide an outstanding working environment.
We are seeking to appoint an enthusiastic and ambitious Art Teacher, who will contribute to shaping an outstanding future for NLS. We are looking for someone who:
• can teach Fine Art (painting, drawing, mixed media, printing) across all key stages, and potentially Photography to KS4 or 5.
• has a good understanding of current assessment practices in Art and potentially Photography
• is willing to take an active part in developing our enrichment programme
• wishes to develop professionally and contribute fully to the department and wider school
This post provides an excellent opportunity for the right person to make their mark in a department with outstanding facilities, and where results are consistently strong.
Applications from ECTs, as well as those from experienced teachers, are welcomed – our new teacher programme is a particular strength of NLS. Any successful ECT applicant would be strongly supported in securing the skills necessary for this role.
Please see our application pack including the job description and person specification for full details and requirements with regards to this role and note any offer of employment is subject to receipt of satisfactory enhanced DBS checks and right to work in the UK.
What We Offer:
• A fantastic school environment in which to work, with exemplary relationships and successful with outstanding outcomes
• A range of staff health and wellbeing resources and services, working together with a supportive team that offers guidance and mentoring
• A first class commitment to developing individuals through personalised CPD programmes and working with our people so that they reach their full potential
Post Deadline: Monday 31st January 2022 - 09:00 am
Interviews are expected to take place on Thursday 3 February
North Leamington School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Thank you for your interest in our role.
This job post has expired.
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
About North Leamington School
- School type
- Academy, ages 11 to 18
- School size
- 1455 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 11 to 18
North Leamington School is a state-of-the-art, non-selective, 11–18 community school, complete with outstanding modern facilities. In this wonderful environment we deliver outstanding teaching and learning where students can develop the ability to become resilient, resourceful, reflective individuals, who can work collaboratively to reach their full potential and to cope with the rapidly changing world in which they live.