Teacher of Art
18 days remaining to apply
Job start date
1 September 2023
17 April 2023 at 12pm (midday)
15 March 2023
- Key stage 3, Key stage 4, Key stage 5
- View all Art and designjobs
- View all Part timejobs - 0.6 fte
Full-time equivalent salary
What skills and experience we're looking for
Due to an increase in the numbers of pupils wanting to study Art at GCSE, we are now looking for another enthusiastic and inspiring teacher to join us. We want the new member of the team to be dynamic, and to support us in the growth and development of our department. It really is an exciting time to become part of our team.
The ability to also teach some KS3 Design Technology would be an advantage.
What the school offers its staff
In our recent Ofsted inspection we were judged to be Outstanding in all areas. Ofsted recognised what a special place Ripley is, the quality of education and pastoral care our pupils receive and how well behaved our pupils are, in addition to many other things.
We can offer:
- A school with a distinctive Christian mission, ethos and strong traditions, dating back to 1864
- The opportunity to work in a school graded as outstanding in all areas by both Ofsted and SIAMS (Church school inspection)
- A highly achieving 11-18 school with consistently excellent results at GCSE and A Level
- Fantastic pupils who are hardworking, enthusiastic and impeccably behaved so that you can focus on your core purpose – teaching
- Supportive and aspirational parents
- A dedicated, enthusiastic and highly professional staff team
- A professional working environment in which all staff are valued, listened to and able to fully use their gifts and talents.
- An environment where teacher workload and well-being is taken seriously
- A sensible feedback policy which encourages the use of whole class feedback
- Excellent schemes of learning and resources, as well as a staff team who are keen to share ideas, resources and best practice
- No graded lesson observations – feedback is formative and developmental
- The opportunity to contribute to outstanding teacher training as part of the Ripley TSA SCITT
- The opportunity to teach A Level in our large and expanding Sixth Form
- Excellent teaching resources and facilities, from the Grade 2* listed Chapel to brand new buildings and facilities
- Extra-curricular sporting facilities for staff including fully equipped gym, swimming pool and running track
Career development recruitment incentives:
- A bespoke CPD programme for all staff, exciting career opportunities and individual teaching and leadership coaching
- Access through the Teaching School to a range of middle and senior leadership programmes
Commitment to safeguarding
Applying for the job
Please download the application form using the link below, and once completed send to firstname.lastname@example.orgDownload an application form - 132 KB
Upload additional documents
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
About Ripley St Thomas Church of England Academy
- School type
- Academy, Church of England, ages 11 to 18
- Education phase
- View all Secondaryjobs
- School size
- 1754 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 11 to 18
- Ofsted report
- View Ofsted report (opens in new tab)
- Email address
Ripley St Thomas Church of England Academy is situated in the historic City of Lancaster within easy distance of the wonderful scenery of Morecambe Bay, the Lake District and the Yorkshire Dales. The academy is a member of The Bay Learning Trust and is a School Centred ITT provider. Ripley has a deeply embedded Christian ethos and a tradition of nurture and service within a strong school community. Our young people are delightful, eager to learn and make a positive difference in society. Ripley is a large and very successful school with a long history and great tradition. We were designated as Outstanding in all categories in our most recent inspection. In addition, we were designated Outstanding in our recent Church School inspection and in the Ofsted inspection of our teacher training provision. There are currently over 1700 students on roll with over 380 of those in the sixth form and there are around 180 staff. We are privileged to work with wonderful young people who are keen to learn and eager to achieve. The school serves a wide community with pupils coming from around 60 feeder primary schools. Ripley is first and foremost a church school and all staff need to be fully supportive of the Christian ethos of the school. We look for teachers who will work hard and contribute to the whole school community. We offer staff support and training of the highest quality. Teaching and Learning is our primary focus and all teachers work together on the craft of teaching. We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. We expect all staff to share this commitment. Appointments made are subject to satisfactory references and to an enhanced Disclosing and Barring Service check.
Arranging a visit to Ripley St Thomas Church of England Academy
To arrange a visit and increase the chance of a successful application email email@example.com.
Similar jobs nearby
Get a job alert when similar jobs are listed
Find more school jobs in Lancashire, Blackburn and Blackpool