Are you an experienced teacher with a passion for Art education and a proven track record of success, looking for a new challenge? Saltley Academy has a fantastic opportunity for a talented individual to join our Arts team.
We are seeking to appoint a highly motivated, dedicated and inspirational individual who is passionate about Art. The successful candidate will be joining the Academy at an exciting time as we continue to grow the department and add more Arts subjects to the curriculum.
We have a fantastic opportunity for a full time Art teacher. You will be passionate about education and how you can use your skills and experience to challenge students to achieve. We are looking for a committed teacher; someone who can join our excellent team of committed practitioners dedicated to improving the attainment and wellbeing of their students.
Our ideal candidate will be an outstanding practitioner with a strong commitment to improving pupils’ lives in an Academy with high levels of disadvantage. You will be an excellent communicator, a team player who is able to work under pressure and effectively engage pupils and staff. They will have in depth knowledge of the elements of Art, and be willing to further develop the extracurricular provision, providing rich Art opportunities and supporting on many whole school events.
Art is an established subject at Saltley Academy, currently taught at key stage 3 and key stage 4. We are a well-resourced department and have 4 large Art classrooms. We hope to continue to provide opportunities for pupils to create outside of the classroom and seek an Art teacher that will engage and excite our pupils through a high quality extra-curricular provision.
Washwood Heath Multi Academy Trust is committed to the development of all staff. Within the Trust, there is a family of 7 schools (one All-Through, two secondaries and four primaries) serving the East of Birmingham. We believe that we are stronger working in partnership to serve the children and families of our community.
In return, we will offer you:
- A collaborative and inclusive culture, where team members will upskill you and give you regular opportunities to learn from each other in a safe and collaborative environment, both within your schools and Trust-wide.
- An opportunity to undertake structured CPD via access to the National College online CPD platform and/or apprenticeships such as Level 7 Senior Leaders Masters, with regular twilights.
- Access to Career Pathways and Pledge to help you plan for and make your goals a reality via our Professional Growth and Performance (PPG) process.
- A wellbeing culture, with paid and unpaid time off to support life events via our Life Leave Policy, access to a Wellbeing Champion and the opportunity to participate in our annual staff wellbeing survey with Edurio, so we know and can respond to views.
- Access to 24/7 Employee Assistance Programme (EAP), which includes confidential counselling, access to wellbeing advice and a lifestyle app called “My Possible Self”.
- Access to a suite of supportive policies, such as Life Leave, Wellbeing, Career Break and Family Friendly.
- Access to a generous pension scheme known as the Teachers’ Pension Scheme (LGPS).
- Access to a comprehensive employee rewards package including Long Service Awards, Employee Referral Scheme, Cycle to Work Scheme and contribution to glasses and eye-sight tests for eligible display screen users.
- Opportunity to be part of key Trust-wide collaborative groups such as the Equality, Diversity and Inclusion (EDI working group) and Wellbeing working groups, including menopause support and neurodiversity support.
- Onsite parking at all schools.
If you can demonstrate that you possess the necessary experience, knowledge and qualifications and aspire to our vision and values then we would like to hear from you.
Unfortunately, we cannot allow any visits the school prior to submitting your application, but if you have any questions please contact us
NB - CVs will not be accepted
We value our people and are dedicated to making sure that everybody feels empowered to bring their authentic self to work. We have an outstanding opportunity to work at Saltley Academy as a Teacher
We promise to treat all candidates fairly, consistently and with respect throughout the application, assessment, and selection process.
We are also “happy to talk flexible working” subject to the operational requirements of the role.
This post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and the amendments to the Exceptions Order 1975, 2013 and 2020. Which means that when applying for certain jobs and activities certain spent convictions and cautions are ‘protected’, so they do not need to be disclosed to employers, and if they are disclosed, employers cannot take them into account. Further information about filtering offences can be found in the DBS filtering guide.
This post is covered by Part 7 of the Immigration Act (2016) and therefore the ability to speak fluent spoken English is an essential requirement for this role.
Saltley Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS check is required for all successful applicants.
Please click here to refer to our Privacy Notice for Candidate
This job post has expired.