Teacher of Art
This job expired on 20 March 2023 – see similar jobs
Start date details
20 March 2023 at 9am
8 March 2023
- Key stage 3, Key stage 4
- View all Englishjobs
- View all Full timejobs - Full Time
Full-time equivalent salary
- £ 32,407 to £48,055
- MPS1 TO UPS ( Outer London)
What skills and experience we're looking for
The ideal candidate will:
• Be an outstanding practitioner
• Have the ability to develop a love of the subject in order to maintain high standards.
• Be a committed team-player with experience of having led and managed successful teams.
• Fully understand the curriculum and have the vision required to raise standards further.
Students at St Andrew appreciate being taught well and enjoy their learning.
They expect high standards and like to be challenged and stretched in the classroom.
They participate well and enjoy taking responsibility across the school
What the school offers its staff
- It is an exciting time to join the school as we are well along the way with plans for the construction of our permanent site, which will also be on the site of the North London Business Park. St Andrew the Apostle Greek Orthodox School opened in September 2013 as the first Greek Orthodox secondary school in the country. It was developed from the beliefs, vision and commitment of a wide group of parents, teachers, business people and intellectuals in the Greek Orthodox community and the Church itself. We were judged to be outstanding in all areas at our first Ofsted inspection in June 2015. St Andrew is part of the academy sponsor, the Russell Education Trust (RET) and was established as a partnership between RET, the Greek Orthodox Church and the Classical Education Trust. RET is a specialist education sponsor and has five secondary schools which work together to share and promote best practice. Our schools and teachers benefit from RET’s expert professional development service. In addition to St Andrew, Becket Keys CofE School was also judged outstanding in all areas at their first inspection; and King’s School in Hove, Bristol Free School and Turing House in Twickenham were all judged good with outstanding features. The opening of St Andrew the Apostle promoted a significant level of interest in the local community. The school offers 50% of places on a faith basis supported by a supplementary information form, and 50% to the local community. In discussion with parents it has become clear they are attracted to a school with high academic standards and a distinctive Christian ethos and vision, drawing on the tenets and values of the Greek Orthodox Church. The curriculum is “traditional but contemporary” and is based on the best practice from independent and state schools.
Upload additional documents
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
About St Andrew the Apostle Greek Orthodox School
- School type
- Free School, Greek Orthodox, ages 11 to 19
- Education phase
- View all Secondaryjobs
- School size
- 732 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 11 to 19
- Ofsted report
- View Ofsted report (opens in new tab)
- Email address
- Phone number
St Andrew the Apostle Greek Orthodox School Barnet Mainstream school with state - free school funding Secondary with sixth form Students of mixed gender, age 11 - 19 years St Andrew the Apostle Greek Orthodox School Building 5 North London Business Park Barnet London N11 1BF United Kingdom http://www.standrewtheapostle.org.uk +44 203 195 5444
Arranging a visit to St Andrew the Apostle Greek Orthodox School
To arrange a visit and increase the chance of a successful application email email@example.com.
Similar jobs nearby
Woolwich Polytechnic School
Hutchins Road, London, SE28 8AT
Our Lady's Catholic High School
6-16 Amhurst Park, London, N16 5AF
Epping St Johns Church of England School
Bury Lane, Epping, Essex, CM16 5JB
Teacher of English - Maternity Cover (12 Months)
The Naim Dangoor Centre, London, W2 5EZ
Get a job alert when similar jobs are listed
Find more school jobs in London