Teacher of Art
This job expired on 8 June 2023
Start date details
8 June 2023 at 9:21am
26 May 2023
- Key stage 3, Key stage 4
- View all Art and designjobs
- View all Full timejobs - 32.5 hours a week
AET Wellbeing Cash Plan + Pension Scheme (TPS/LGPS) + Additional AET Benefits
What skills and experience we're looking for
We are looking for a Teacher of Art who is really passionate about helping our students succeed and grow as individuals.
- You will be creative and innovative, with a proven track record of challenging the brightest students academically.
- This is a perfect role for candidates who want to gain further middle leadership experience.
- You will contribute towards the continued development of Art within the academy. Your teaching will be of high quality and your results will reflect the high calibre of your teaching. You must have a commitment to teaching and learning and continued professional development.You will have the passion to be part of a successful teaching environment which produces the best from students.
What the school offers its staff
Unity City Academy has an incredibly passionate staff body that strives to ensure that children do not just achieve academic excellence but that our students are worldwise, cultured and proud of their individuality.
As part of the UCA family you will have:
- A huge amount of job satisfaction working with the local community to best support young people in the school;
- Access to training and personal development packages such as the opportunity to complete a wide variety of NPQs;
- A robust CPD schedule which has different tiers depending upon your need and position within the academy and based upon the core principles of learning.
- The ability for career progression in a growing Academy;
- The opportunity to be brave and creative in well-resourced classrooms;
- The chance to work in an Academy which strives to be at the centre of its local community, providing the highest standards of education and a strong desire for every child to succeed;
Commitment to safeguarding
About Unity City Academy
- School type
- Academy, ages 11 to 16
- Education phase
- View all Secondaryjobs
- School size
- 825 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 11 to 16
- Ofsted report
- View Ofsted report (opens in new tab)
- School website
- Unity City Academy website (opens in new tab)
- Email address
Thank you for visiting our website to find out more about Unity City Academy. As Principal, it is a genuine pleasure to serve the local community and the students of the school. We passionately believe that every student should achieve the best they can. We call this “choosing a remarkable life”. There are six core areas which can be found across Unity City Academy: Excellence is a habit where high expectations and high performance are the norm; All students aim high, achieving results without excuses; Individuals matter where equality, diversity and difference and celebrated and understood; We are a community and a family at UCA and we always put people first; We are worldwise citizens of tomorrow but also fiercely proud of our Teesside roots and our place within the north-east; Culture is really important to us - it’s important to have fun. We are on a journey to adopt the High Performance Learning (HPL) philosophy and framework. This is a well-researched approach that sees all students as potential high performers who are not limited by ability. As Principal, I am determined to ensure that your child gets the best education possible and that they can achieve their dreams without limit. Students are invited to take part in a range of extracurricular activities and enrichment. We ensure that as well as academic success, our young people develop really positive characteristics that are needed in future life. These include curiosity, enthusiasm, empathy, resilience and self-belief. I would strongly encourage you to visit the school, be it as a potential student with their parent or carer, a business looking to get more involved in the school’s curriculum or as anyone in the community that has an interest in the learning of young people. We look forward to welcoming you to Unity City Academy in the future.
Similar jobs nearby
Get a job alert when similar jobs are listed
Find more school jobs in Middlesbrough