Teacher of Art (with DT Textiles)
Haygrove School, Bridgwater, Somerset
|Job role||Suitable for NQTs|
|Subjects||Art, Design Technology|
|Working pattern||Full-time only|
|Salary||Main pay range 1 to Upper pay range 3, £24,373 to £40,490|
We have an exciting opportunity for a creative and forward thinking practitioner of Art and Textiles with a passion for their subject to join our outstanding team with effect from 1 September 2020. Our ideal candidate will have a Textiles background and be able to offer GCSE Textile Design and GCSE Art. Art and Design is at the heart of Haygrove School, so if you are a talented and dynamic individual with the ability to inspire the next generation of Artists and possess a drive to ensuring students reach their potential, and if you can make a significant contribution to our successful Art & DT Departments, then we’d love to hear from you.
Essential educational requirements
• Educated to degree standard or equivalent or a related qualification.
• Completed a PGCE
• Recognised Qualified Teacher Status
• A commitment to continuing professional development, working to develop professional standards.
Ability to teach Textile Design and GCSE Art
Essential skills and experience
• Proven ability to teach Art at GCSE level
• Excellent subject knowledge in the post advertised
• Demonstrate success in raising achievement
• Strong leadership qualities with a commitment to continually improving teaching and learning
• Ability to demonstrate and implement a vision for the continued improvement and development of a department
• Ability to manage own performance and professional development as well as those of others.
• Ability to lead and inspire a team, sharing and developing good practice
• Understand the National Curriculum requirements and national strategies to raise student achievement
• Able to demonstrate planning to achieve a purposeful and effective learning environment.
• Able to make good use of Assessment for Learning strategies.
• A commitment to providing stimulating and innovative lessons.
• Appreciates the key role of the tutor in promoting the well-being and progress of each student.
• A personalised professional development programme
• An inspirational staff team who willingly support each other
• A caring ethos that inspires success for all
• Well motivated and enthusiastic learners
• A wide range of extra-curricular activities
• A full programme of induction and support for new staff
• A culture of high expectation and professional standards
|School size||1063 pupils enrolled|
|Age range||11 to 16|
|Ofsted report||View Ofsted report|
|Website||Haygrove School website (opens in a new window)|
Durleigh Road, Bridgwater, Somerset, TA6 7HW